• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore.com Sneak Peeks & New Releases
The pin description does say "Robin Hood can defeat Prince John with his sword fighting becase his arm moves on this limited edition Prince John and Robin Hood Pin." - so maybe either Robin's sword is hidden behind him or they forgot to attach it when they captured the image :sad:

I think it is a typo on the Disney description....

Product Details

• Moveable arm
  • Synthetic cloisonné
  • Gold plate
  • Mickey Mouse head icon back closure
  • 2'' H x 1 2/3'' W
  • Imported
  • Limited Edition of 250
  • Part of the 110th Legacy Collection
I think they meant to say....

Product Details

• Removeable arm

The photo for Robin Hood is just the art - seems like they forgot to add the arm element that was probably seperate and they didnt realize it.

For the 110 collection, the only one out of place to me is Monsters Inc - so are we to suspect that there are other modern day movie pins coming out, seems odd that they would select that movie and leave out other things while, the rest of the collection is all mostly from Walt's time with the company.

For the 110 collection, the only one out of place to me is Monsters Inc - so are we to suspect that there are other modern day movie pins coming out, seems odd that they would select that movie and leave out other things while, the rest of the collection is all mostly from Walt's time with the company.

I think the whole collection is a little out of place. We have "plain" pins, 3D pins, jeweled pins, hinged pins, sliders... There are pins of Disney shorts, Disney classics and Pixar movies plus character pins. It feels like they suddenly realized it's an anniversary year and slapped a "110th Collection" label on all pins they had been planning for the year.

It feels like they suddenly realized it's an anniversary year and slapped a "110th Collection" label on all pins they had been planning for the year.

I just noticed that there is no special logo actually ON any of the pins - it's just the special cardback - am I right? That's pretty sad. They could have done like the Spotlight collection and added something small on the pin itself - but it really does look like they just saved them up. I bet this is why we have not seen many pins released lately, the 110 collection consists of what should have been released lol. I also noticed there are too many Bambi pins in this collection for some odd reason. I think there has to be more coming - where is Goofy? Sleeping Beauty? Fantasia? Mary Poppins?

Ah, I am excited to see all the links for Princess pins. Two Sleeping Beauty and One Ariel.

But no Tangled. :/ get with it people. LOL

According to the pin descriptions, the following uncategorized pins belong to the Walt's 110th Birthday Collection series:
Ratatouille
Walt at the Drawing Board Mickey Mouse pin
1937 Creation of Snow White
Prince Phillip Sleeping Beauty
Sleeping Beauty (Spinner)
A Bugs Life (Dangler)
Jaq and Gus
Queen of Hearts Alice in Wonderland (Slider and Swivel)
Lady and the Tramp
Little Hiawatha

Last edited:
Got my first batch of 110th Legacy Collection pins and the reverse of the backer card has some additional information. The Collection is broken down to these categories:
Mickey Classics, Princess Collection, Villains Collection, Disney Animal Friends, Hero Collection, Disney Shorts, Walt Disney Tributes, Live Action Classics, Disney Sidekicks, Pixar Favorites, and Disney Milestones.

The reverse side of each pin not only includes the "Limited Edition 250" phrase, Pin Trading 2011 logo, Disney Store Authentic / Original / Exclusive logo, but the Title of the pin too!

Last edited:
Got my first batch of 110th Legacy Collection pins and the reverse has some additional information. The Collection is broken down to these categories:
Mickey Classics, Princess Collection, Villains Collection, Disney Animal Friends, Hero Collection, Disney Shorts, Walt Disney Tributes, Live Action Classics, Disney Sidekicks, Pixar Favorites, and Disney Milestones.

The reverse side not only includes the "Limited Edition 250" phrase, Pin Trading 2011 logo, Disney Store Authentic / Original / Exclusive logo, but the Title of the pin too!

counting how many theothersteve listed thats 11 different themes with the 110th Legacy Collection so could we assume 110 pins with 10 pins in each set theme?

Metallic Elements, Shiny Jewel-Like Effects

I also noticed there are too many Bambi pins in this collection for some odd reason. I think there has to be more coming - where is Goofy? Sleeping Beauty? Fantasia? Mary Poppins?

There are definitely gaping holes in representing other Disney classics, but I'm glad to see the seldom-mentioned like The Shaggy Dog and even Little Hiawatha! I'm looking forward to some of my personal favorites like more centaurs and fairies from Fantasia. There are enough Mickey pins released on a monthly basis to last us a lifetime for DS.com to also make Mickey the dominant character in yet another large collection.

I also like the use of the metallic textured finish with a clear enamel (?) coat. The most recent WDW 40th Anniversary Passholder Tinkerbell uses different colored texture metal for a mosaic effect, and the clear enamel coating adds a nice shine and polish. The effect is almost jewel-like when I have the pin in my hand, which means that new DS.com Tron: Legacy pin will be pretty impressive in-hand.

pin82523

:anxious: OMG. I just read that there's a "Beast Fights Gaston" pin! Eee, I hope it's good! Could someone tell me what the description of the pin says?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back