• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR Annual Pass discounts continue thru 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR Annual Pass discounts continue thru 2011!

hearts48

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
If you are still buying pins, this helps!

As posted on ODPT.com:

Special Discounts
Another great reason to be a Passholder, now you can save money throughout the entire year when shopping at the Disneyland� Resort. Now through December 31, 2011, Southern California, Southern California Select and Deluxe Passholders can enjoy 10% off their purchases, while Premium Passholders will receive 20% off. * Restrictions apply.*
*At the Disneyland� Resort, offer is valid at select store locations. Not valid on previous purchases or on the purchases of DVD, VHS, software media, original artwork, selected collectibles, food or beverage, Disney Dollars, Gift Cards, Ticket Media, Park Admission, Arcades, Newspapers/Periodicals, Tobacco, Postage stamps, digital and video cameras, disposable cameras, shipping or taxes. Discount does not apply at the following locations: Midway Games, Fairytale Arts, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts and Crystal d'Orleans), Face Painting, or at any Downtown Disney District location other than World of Disney Store, D Street, Disney Vault 28, Marceline's Confectionery, Disney's Pin Traders or Studio Disney 365. May not be combined with any other discount, offer or promotion.

Stitch2814: I was just thinking the same thing, but I never noticed that before, so it could be the same. I am just happy the discount applies to pins!!! :)

Wish they would give the discount at the Disneystore.com and the Soda Fountain.

They don't even sell tabacco so of course it's not valid. haha :) Right?

You get a seperate food discount with your pass so you still do get one. And I wouldn't think you would be able to get a 20% discount on merchandise over like $500. It sounds like a lot of restrictions but it's really not. :p

Actually, come to think of it, there are more restrictions. When they had their 50th, they had the Thomas Kinkaid paintings, that he signed and highlighted, and I was able to use my discount. That was a nice feature because that painting was not cheap!!!

Yeah those are similar to the rules here at WDW, though if it's like WDW there may also be some exceptions, especialy if you're buying stuff at a "merchandise location". Even though food items technically aren't discounted, I was able to get a discount on Hot Chocolate at Hollywood Studio's Writer's Block and disposable cameras at Epcot. You might even be able to get a discount at the Confectionary on Main Street. It really sucks though that taxes aren't exempt, though now it makes sense why I still ended up paying over $40 total for a meal that was $25 after discount.

Last edited:
They don't even sell tabacco so of course it's not valid. haha :) Right?
I buy packs of cigs at Acorn Gifts in the Grand Californian all the time.
shiftyeyes.gif

The benefits of the passholder discounts depends on how you shop inside the theme parks. If you read and think about the exceptions, many of those exceptions will not apply to you. How many buy postage stamps and tobacco products inside the parks? How many buy lots of items at the private stores in New Orleans Square?

I buy most of my pins at Pin Traders, Westward Ho, and Little Green Men - all give the discounts. Most other items are bought at the World of Disney, Emporium and other Main Street stores - all give the discount. I usually eat at the table service restaurants - they still offer the discount - as well as the DTD restaurants offer D23 discounts.

I agree with the huertajv's wish that the DisneyStore, DSF, WDI, and DEC also offer passholder discounts on their pins. :)

Does anyone know if it has been extended at WDW? I buy so many pins the extra 10% probably pays for itself!

Also, all of those locations listed as places you can't use the discount aren't operated by Disney but are outside vendors.

Ok I'm blonde. haha I know you're joking but are you joking about buying them or them really not selling tobacco?
:p I really do buy cigs there. I've bought cigs from the gift shops at the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian, so I imagine the Paradise Pier Hotel has them too. I've never seen any for sale within the park gates, but then again, I've never asked.

I know they definitely don't sell inside the parks. I used to be a cast member and a smoker. haha :)

Gillian, You are so lucky that you were a cast member. I would love that job. What made you decide to leave such a great job?

This is great news since I will be there in January with my premier AP so 20% really adds up. I don't see the restrictions any different than the original offer last year that was to expire December 31st. For me this is BONUS!!!

Yes, the only place to buy cigs at the resort are in the hotel gift shops. Long long time ago, there was a place to buy them in the park. There was a Tobbaco shop on Main Street, which is why the Indian is still on Main Street to this day. A little Disney info for anyone there. :)

It's nice knowing that they have continued this for another year. I wonder if they are going to anything for the discount Class A cast members. They too get 20% off. Have they upped it for them at the same time or do both AP's and CM's get the same discount?

Vicki, as for how you got your discount on the painting. Count yourself lucky. The Cast Member should not have given that to you (I don't believe so). Even before I worked as a Cast Member, I had an annual pass and they even said in the fine print that it was not to be used on art, paintings, etc. The biggest difference that I think it was easier to do then, was that they didn't have to swipe the annual pass as they do now. However, knowing the system, there are ways around that having to swipe them still. Some guests do not have media that can be scanned, but can get discounts. So a cast member just has to press a button on the screen still and can give discounts how ever they please. (Please do not go out into the park begging for discounts. I never gave a discount to someone who begged and I'm sure a lot of other cast members won't either.) Anyway, Vicki, that was cool you got that discount! I don't want anyone thinking I'm against that, because any money we can save, is a nice thing! Allows us to buy more pins! LoL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back