• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Dlr ptn 06/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dlr ptn 06/29
Little Shop of Horrors - It was my first time and I was not expecting such a chaotic atmosphere. I was hoping to see at least a few curious-but-unexperienced people like myself, but almost everyone was very serious about what they were doing, and nobody looked like they wanted to be interrupted... ever. Although I met a few really nice folks (MuppetFinder on pin pics, for one) who were patient with me, most traders seemed like they couldn't be bothered with a newbie, especially a newbie looking for easy trades.

(I think I brought a decent amount of traders - over 30 in my pin book - but admittedly, most were HM's, cast lanyard pins, and common rack pins... And it's not like I was trying to trade for expensive or HTF pins. It felt that whenever I found someone who did have a cork board or a few easier trades in their book, they were too busy trying to make bigger trades with someone else on the side, and by the time they got around to me, they were very short and negative. Of course, there were exceptions - MuppetFinder! And a really nice older woman who traded a few pins with me for her grandchildren - but for the most part, I just felt I was in the way the entire time.)

When I first walked in, I just looked around desperately for anybody who looked friendly, and wasn't busy, to ask for the basics. When I finally found a nice woman who was free, I told her I didn't really know what I was doing and asked for advice. She just said "Oh, you don't need to know anything. It's just like trading with cast members at the parks." Um... No.

tddisney - Thank you for your encouragement. I agree - It would be SO much easier if I knew who had what characters and what types of pins. Maybe I'll try again sometime. It might be more fun if I came back with somebody who had more experience, and could teach me the ropes.

Last edited:
Sorapandora, I felt the same after my first one in March but this time I was more prepared with liup for adventure. I needed to be more clear with what I wanted and always just asked.
I wish there was some way to visually know what people are trading or looking for like a table card with character names, or people wearing their favorites on a lanyard, etc. I was surprised to see only a portion of table traders wearing lanyards.
I encourage you to try again. This time I had a lot of fun plus if nothing else worth seeing the new releases.

I actually have a paper attatched in my book, on one or the devider sheets. It reminds me what I need and lets my fellow traders know what I am collecting/working on. I am also very open to trading for things NOT on my wants list. Because I don't mind have new/different tradeables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back