• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Dlr ptn 06/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steamboat Willie podm is surprisingly cool. Kinda excited. Also is that an Oswald filling station pin!? Awesome !

Can't quite tell what the other attraction poster pin is....

To me it looks like Steamboat Willie says 8/23..which falls in line with being the 4th Thursday of the month. I think it's an interesting choice, I'm surprised they didn't go with a 'sure thing' like BATB or UP. Hopefully they are saving those for the final months :)

Mulan looks nice though, glad to see it as a PODM!
Can't wait to see other pictures of the event!

They'll definitely keep going. If they did Willie and Mulan it means they're milking it for as long as they can. Like any toy company does you have to dole out the "hits" a few in each wave (or year in this case) and the rest is filler/cult favorites.

I hope everybody had fun at PTN. Sorry I didn't show up, I was at the parks all day yesterday and today and i am exhausted. If anybody is going to DSF this comic Friday, I will see you there.

Thanks for the pics! Kind of weird that I see quite a few pins on the preview board for sale at the parks last week already, lol.

So bummed that we missed saying hello Moe!! My daughter and I were both there -- but it was so packed we barely made it around the room! Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing.

Wow I think I'm glad I didn't go xP So many people! Hopefully I can drag my trading friend along next time. She'll be really happy about Steamboat Willie :)

EXCELLENT group of folks this evening! Did some trading and ate some cookies.

BUt did anyone notice the people outside the room with their own private tables?

Wow, great pictures Goofy_Moe! Thank you for sharing them! I haven't been to a PTN in a very long while! Looks like this one was a roaring success!! Lots and lots of folks showed up ... oh and the cookies look great too! (must remember that for the next time I go to a PTN, lol!) Sure wish I could have been there! Maybe in October??

Hope everyone was able to make lots of great trades!! Take care everyone ... and wishing everyone a terrific weekend and a very Happy 4th of July!! *bjr

sorapandora said:
Just got back. Am I the only one who found the whole thing way too chaotic and intimidating? I don't think I'll be going to any PTN's in the future.

It was NUTS. Some people are super aggressive traders. Makes it a bit hard to try and build your collection. :(

But, I am SO greatly for the major zaps I got tonight. I'm still in a daze from it!!

why was it crazy there tonight

I think it was Sorapandora's first PTN, and that can definitely be intimidating, epecially if you don't know any or few fellow traders!

I wish I could've been there, I would've nabbed you at the table I used to sit at, with Nursek8 and others! It would've been nice to meet you in person...someday...

Thank you SO much for posting pictures, my husband and I are just drooling over some of them. I *LOVE* the Steamboat Willie filmstrip pin (also Lion King and Mulan, but mainly the Steamboat Willie)! There are some other really nice designs in there. I enjoyed looking at the crowd pictures too, I was able to find some people in there that I know!

Thank you SO much for posting pictures, my husband and I are just drooling over some of them. I *LOVE* the Steamboat Willie filmstrip pin (also Lion King and Mulan, but mainly the Steamboat Willie)! There are some other really nice designs in there. I enjoyed looking at the crowd pictures too, I was able to find some people in there that I know!
I'm sorry the quality is kinda crappy. The lady in front of me would NOT let me get pictures for the life of her... hahah. So I just quickly snapped some so you guys could at least see what was coming!

Sorapandora, I felt the same after my first one in March but this time I was more prepared with liup for adventure. I needed to be more clear with what I wanted and always just asked.
I wish there was some way to visually know what people are trading or looking for like a table card with character names, or people wearing their favorites on a lanyard, etc. I was surprised to see only a portion of table traders wearing lanyards.
I encourage you to try again. This time I had a lot of fun plus if nothing else worth seeing the new releases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back