• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR - Sci-Fi Academy - Penny Arcade Mystery Collection - Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR - Sci-Fi Academy - Penny Arcade Mystery Collection - Video Games

imatronaholic

Daft Punk Rocks
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I had heard that these Mystery pins were to be Limited Release - BUT they are LE550 - AND the Chasers are LE200!!

I picked up all the RSP pins today (that I had ordered for myself and other DPFers) and from the boxes of the Penny Arcade pins that I got for myself and have opened, and with one trade at the Hotel, I have one complete set of these pins, plus 2 of the 4 Chaser pins. Yeah!!

pin83293

My favorite pin in this set is the Tron pin! :cool:

What are the chasers? Same pins just different finishes or are they completely different pins?

I had heard that these Mystery pins were to be Limited Release - BUT they are LE550 - AND the Chasers are LE200!!

I picked up all the RSP pins today (that I had ordered for myself and other DPFers) and from the boxes of the Penny Arcade pins that I got for myself and have opened, and with one trade at the Hotel, I have one complete set of these pins, plus 2 of the 4 Chaser pins. Yeah!!

pin83293

My favorite pin in this set is the Tron pin! :cool:
wow you scored , good stuff

I don't have a camera handy, but someone needs to post a pic of the box these come in too (unless it's in another thread).

For those that remember the Atari 2600 home game console, the box is the same size (and of course retro design) of a 2600 game box (see image at center of pin collection above). On the inside is another box that's the same size/shape/color as an Atari 2600 game cartridge. In that box are the 3 random pins... There's even a disclaimer on the box stating that there are no games inside, just pins...

Coolest box I've ever seen! :)

Last edited:
They are cool. I was able to complete a full set with all 4 of the chasers! I do not believe they are all that popular, maybe because the price point is so high, $30 for a box of 3 pins... They were letting people buy 10 additional boxes today in additional to what they purchased on their RSPs. At around 3pm today, they was literally no one there picking up their merchandise.... They said it was busy earlier, and that they expected it would be busy from 5-7 when people got off work. Everything was still available for sale, with a 2 pin limit (besides the 10 boxes of mystery pins).

I do not believe they are all that popular, maybe because the price point is so high, $30 for a box of 3 pins...

I don't understand this, there are three LE550 pins and some times two LE550 & one LE 200 for just $29.95 that is less then $10.00 a pin. I wish I could get that price anywhere else. When the pins were Limited Release I understand you feeling but for these kind of LE's your blase feeling about these pins is lost on me.

I don't understand this, there are three LE550 pins and some times two LE550 & one LE 200 for just $29.95 that is less then $10.00 a pin. I wish I could get that price anywhere else. When the pins were Limited Release I understand you feeling but for these kind of LE's your blase feeling about these pins is lost on me.

And if you're an annual passholder, it's even less. If they are a decent size pin, I don't think the price is bad at all at about $10 each.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back