• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Do you add vacation costs to the trade value of a pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you add vacation costs to the trade value of a pin?
Thanks for that Jabberwocky! The fact that they are sold only in Paris makes them automatically HTG pins, and they are considered PTN pins. So in this case, it is a bit different. The edition size is small, and they sell out immediately. So do you think this is any different from event pins? I think it is, simply because they truly sell out and event pins do not sell out most of the time, especially in only one evening of trading. Also, they are so much harder to obtain from the US. That is why we are willing to pay a little more for them. And they give everyone the character they collect, the categories of PTN, and also pins for those that like completing an entire collection, as you pointed out.

Erudolf, thank you too for answering my question. I think you covered it all, and I feel the same as you on this. Not all PTN from Paris are the same. It all depends on the character for sure.

The reason I brought up the DLRP PTN pins is because a few people contacted me to ask me if I considered these event pins. I explained to them that I do not consider it an event unless you have to pay to attend. They asked me to post about the cost of these pins and why they demand higher than cost prices from the start. Hopefully, we have covered it, but it would be great is someone had anything to add.

Last edited:
OK Just thought I would prove my points on event pins a little. btowndude wrote:
All of the Love is Magical pins - except the Logo and the Spinner pins - are now available at the DTD and at Epcot!
This makes it so we can buy the pins ourselves at cost, without going to the event, which is why I do not think event costs should ever be added to the pins.

Thanks btowndude for letting everyone know they can go and get the pins they want. This is the link where this is mentioned: http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?2877-Love-is-Magical-My-Report

Last edited:
I would not say I "add" vacation or event costs to any trade, but I take into account if I ever wanted to replace that pin, what would it take to get another one either by buying it or trading for it. Basically, I am trying to avoid a case of "buyer's regret" by giving up a pin I might have wanted to keep as tastes change. I started collecting Scrooge and Sorcerer Mickey, but now do some Stitches, etc, so I kick myself for parting with certain Stitches at the beginning that I bought for trade fodder.

Take this pin as an example
Pin 79466: WDW - Halloween 2010 - Stitch
pin79466

When Betsy and I went on our Honeymoon in October, I bought a couple of them, one for us, and one to trade. When I got back, I realized how sought after they were, as my "potential trades" were many and when I listed the one to trade, I got a lot of offers that sorely tempted me to trade the one we got for our "Halloween/Honeymoon" page in the pin book as well.

I looked not at the value of the pin or the fact that I paid for an entire trip to WDW to get that pin, but what it would take to replace it should we decide to trade it now and then decide we actually wanted to keep it, and have to trade for one, and decided that the cost would be too great to trade with "our" pin, so I traded the one we got to trade, and removed it from my traders.

Last edited:
Hi Bill,

This is great advice. I have done exactly what you are talking about, and have gotten so mad at myself. Sometimes we get tempted with a trade offer so much that we are willing to give up even our keeper pin, thinking it is easy to replace. Then we end up finding out that no one will trade you the pin, you cannot find it on ebay now, and you really miss your pin.

Any pin can tun into a hard to get pin in a few days or months, and none of us know which pin that will be. So if a pin means a lot to you for memories, like your honeymoon, or a vacation memory etc, do not give it up ever, unless you are absolutely positive you no longer like that pin.

This is something everyone should do. You are not adding the cost of your trip to the pins you are trading, but just thinking it thoroughly whether you want to trade a pin or not, and it is a wise move on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back