• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Do you feel like you have to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you feel like you have to?

miss.mouse

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
hey everyone :~)
i was just wondering , when your picking pins from the store or trading / buying pins , do you feel like you have to snap it up becuase its an le 500 for example?. or do you pick it becuase of what it looks like? rare/LE/or just plain old rack?)
i was just wondering becuase i used to pick cute rack pins , now a days i fel like i have to go for the LE to make my collection look better ugly or not....

does anyone feel the same or am i just talking plain old rubbish??...:drool:

No I know what you mean..

..my advice is collect what you want!

A collection full of your favourite rack pins is more valuable to you than a pile of LEs that your not so fond of. Who cares about attractiveness and monetary value, they are your pins so you need to enjoy them.

I always pick up LEs here in the UK when they come out because I know I can trade them away for pins that I'd rather have. Buying expensive LE pins that you don't like would be a huge cost and a huge waste of time...

Regards,

Martin

No, me neither. I have been guilty of it in the past.

I have the weekend off so at some point I'm going to get my pin bag out and literally comb it for all the ones I don't want. They will automatically be put on the trades list.

So check my traders on Monday!

Haha

I think that way about traders, but not my personal collection. I never know what to look for in trading pins! I purchased some based on wants vs trades on pinpics, others just because of the LE size, and others just because they looked pretty/cute/cool.

Keepers I base first off of movies/characters I like and then off of pin designs :)

When I was at the park I was guilty of buying pins for the better of trading, but not to improve the number of my collection persay. Since moving away, I've learned to just get pins that I'm interested in.

Last edited:
I was guilty of buying lots of DSUK LE's at my first xmas of pin trading, just cause they were LE. But at about new year, I thought to myself I don't even like them, so I traded them away and decided i was ONLY going to collect Stitch pins. Thats worked for me for a year and a bit but unfortunatley most of the stitch pins I want are LE 1000 or lower!

When I first started to collect pins I did only want stitch pins and so I traded for what I could get..now I not so much Im more specific with what I want. For me it keeps the costs down and also helps keep the number of pins I want to a low number.

In regards to when getting traders, I buy them if I think they will be popular or if they have high wants and I know I can trade them away at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back