• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Do you think I need to worry about pin 51058 being a scrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think I need to worry about pin 51058 being a scrapper

Dolphin324

Little Mermaid Lover
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
It doesn't have any scrapper warnings, but I bought it off someone on eBay, and they put up another one right after I bought that one. Is it possible it's it's a scrapper, or am I over worrying? I think he had a lot of others in his history for sale also. Thanks.

No, that's a CM bolo lanyard, primarily used by CM's to hold their IDs. I haven't heard of any scrappers of those. They sell them at Company D (CM store) and many are sold for years and years, so likely after the person sold you one, they went and got another one to relist.

They are super cheap to Cast members. Probably the reason you seen a bunch go up for sale. easy turn around. And i dont think its worth trying to fake a lanyard medal AND THE BOLO.

I must say that I have read in a few places now that people are worrying when someone will trade a pin and then put another one in their place. I do that at times because I have limited room for trading pins. It doesn't mean they are scrappers just that I want to have as much as possible room to show the biggest variety. Right now I have three of one pin on card. I only show one and keep the others tucked away. When I trade one I will take another one out and put it in the card sleeve I have of pins. (I do not have a book for the sleeves right now and I do not want to put a pin that is on card in a bag because they tend to get all banged up.) I surely hope that people are not thinking I have a scrapper because I have more than one and do not display them all at once.

I'm interested in this topic too because I am seeing this a lot. Now these aren't pins that would be suspect for any other reason. They look great, come on original cards, have no red flag warnings on them, etc. But the seller can keep cranking them out. I'm currently facing the exact same situation on a DA1000.

Is it that common for some of these guys to have that many multiples of a legit pin?

When DA was around we on Dizpins used to have what we called the F5 club. We would sit in chat on Mondays and Thursdays at the times before the auctions and hit the F5 button to refresh the Ebay Disney Auction screen.

When the pins came up we would all buy as many pins as we could, because we would all cover each other then go back to chat and tell each other which pins we got and which we didn't and then wait for the email from Disney to tell us if they over sold. It wasn't rare that a LE 1000 Stitch pin to sell out in less than 30 seconds. It also wasn't rare for someone to buy 10 pins of each pin.

So, if you see a trader with a lot of DA pins, they are probably an old-timer, from the days of Dizpins.

I wouldn't worry on the bolo lanyards. They could sell one and go back the next day to Co. D to get another one to sell on E-bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back