• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Do you use web incentive sites when you purchase pins online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you use web incentive sites when you purchase pins online

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
Since we had to do a lot of our wedding shopping online, Betsy and I joined the site Ebates, which I saw ads for on TV, where you would get cash back from participating websites for every online purchase.

We joined right at the end of their September cut-off, but we got a check back for $8.00 for the books, Snapfish, and Disney Store purchases we made up to the cut-off. So far, for the next pay cycle, we have earned over $40 in just Disney Store purchases, not counting our Snapfish, Staples, or anything else.

It just seems too good to be true, but we did get that first check, and I see no reason to get the next one either

Wow! That's cool. Did you have to give them lots of personal information?

Well you had to sign up, give your address, e-mail, etc, but no, no credit card info or anything like that. What you do is go to that site first, sign in, and then go to the shopping site in question via EBates link as that creates a tracking ticket for the purchase.

Well, they have to have your e-mail to send out updates for when you purchase stuff, and they need your address to send you the check. That is all I gave them, but then again, they do track your purchasing habits, i.e. what sites you shop from etc. Any CC info is done at the specific site you are shopping, not EBates.

To me, it is no different than a grocery shopping club where you earn money off gas or future purchases. With that, my last trip to Disney gave me 3 months of free gas by buying Disney Gift Cards at the grocery store to use to pay for my trip

I use Goodsearch/Goodshop for web searching and shopping. Each search gives a penny and each purchase gives a percentage to a nonprofit that you designate. We point it to my son's school.

Ebates is great. I use it all the time and have gotten back a few hundred dollars since I started several years ago. When my daughter was in school, I also used UPromise. With that site, you register your grocery shopping cards and a computer system automatically deposited money into my account after I purchased the designated products. The UPromise money can then be transferred directly to you or to the college your child is attending. Every little bit helped.

Since we had to do a lot of our wedding shopping online, Betsy and I joined the site Ebates, which I saw ads for on TV, where you would get cash back from participating websites for every online purchase.

We joined right at the end of their September cut-off, but we got a check back for $8.00 for the books, Snapfish, and Disney Store purchases we made up to the cut-off. So far, for the next pay cycle, we have earned over $40 in just Disney Store purchases, not counting our Snapfish, Staples, or anything else.

It just seems too good to be true, but we did get that first check, and I see no reason to get the next one either

Sounds good to me! I just signed up.

Question: How does it work? Haha I need to buy something from Target anyway. Is it worth it if you have to pay for shipping, etc.?

All you have to do for ebates is log on, click the link to the store you want to shop with, and that's it! If you buy something then the store communicates to ebates that a purchase was made and there is nothing more you have to do. A lot of stores have free shipping offers but if they don't you'll want to figure out if you are just better off getting it at the store. Some stores don't give all that much back - 3% or less, but Disney Store has been at 7%!

Oh, and I just have my payments deposited directly into my Paypal account. I love it!

I'm not sure if a link is permitted - if not, just delete - but here is a referral link:

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=/eUewDFtRPkN2wSks7PVeg==

Last edited:
I've been using mypoints.com... but maybe I need to look into Ebates instead. I have gotten $100 in gift cards from Mypoints though.

eBates is AMAZING! I will be getting an $80 check on November 15th! I do ALL my shopping online, and this period included school books. Makes a great instant savings for Christmas presents. The next check comes on February 15th and my daughter's bday is the 19th, so again, GREAT way to have last minute gifts bought or party expenses!

I use Fat Wallet for disneystore.com purchases but I just checked eBates and their cash back is 2% higher. Time to switch!! Does anyone know if you still get cash back if you use the Disney Visa discount?

Last edited:
Wow!!! Thanks guys for all of the great information!! I am going to sign up today!!! :) I have always wondered about Ebates... I looked into it a while back but I didn't know much about it so kept going without thinking twice about it. I will definately have to go sign up!!!

I have been using Ebates for probably over 5 years now for all my online shopping. I do keep track of my tracking tickets though since a few times I have not had a purchase show up but once I email them they are very quick to post the rebate to my account.

Well, I signed up w Ebates this morning w my email only & clicked on DS. they said I now had a coupon there. I decided I didn't want to purchase then, so I closed Ebates. Later I went to DS directly & it didn't recognize the username & password I've been using on DS for 6+ yrs!! Coincidence? I wonder :( My user name on DS is NOT my email. Is that why I couldn't log in directly?
Anyway, I am able to login via iPhone (in the weird jumpy way since the new site launched.

Last edited:
Just got my first email from Ebates today... letting me know that my Disney purchase from Monday will post in 48 hours. I am QUITE excited about this new found incentive :pooh:

Just remember that the checks/PayPal deposits only come 4 times a year (every 3 months). Look at the dates.

Just remember that the checks/PayPal deposits only come 4 times a year (every 3 months). Look at the dates.

Thanks for the info! :) Im just happy I get anything for spending $$ :pooh: I figure the long they hold on to it the more it will be when I get it. :) Often times you get rebates and they are $5 a pop, this way hopefully will acutally be worth while!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back