• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DS UK 5th Anniversary UP pin released 8th May LE500

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS UK 5th Anniversary UP pin released 8th May LE500
Sold out now :( if anyone still really wants it I'll be putting 2 up for either trade or trade auction if they send me all the pins I ordered this time.

Curses. I kept trying until it said sold out but no luck.

Wow this is ridicolous :( I'm sorry for everyone who didn't get one.
It's already up on ebay, someone bought the max 4 pins per household and is already selling them for about 50 Euros each!!!! WHY do people buy so many when they never even wanted them? This is so disgusting.

It's already up on ebay, someone bought the max 4 pins per household and is already selling them for about 50 Euros each!!!! WHY do people buy so many when they never even wanted them? This is so disgusting.

Unfortunately, they do it just to make money. The only solution is for us not to buy them at that price. If no one bought them, they'd be forced to lower the price closer to retail or they'd have wasted their money. Unfortunately, some people do pay those inflated prices and that's what make it carry on like a vicious circle! It's an unfortunate side to the hobby but something I guess we just have to deal with - or rather, ignore and try not to support!

When the three fairies pin released, I picked up two and sold them at cost (not even a penny mark up) to people in the US that couldn't get them. Now I see people listing them for twice the retail price and higher, and I just feel a little proud that I saved two collectors from paying the extra and helped them with their collections instead of using it as a way to make a quick buck. If we all support each other like this, maybe one day we'll overcome the sharks! (Gee, I sound like some kind of motivational speaker now... I'll stop talking!)

Can you link me to them, please?

Totally forgot about this release would have been nice to get a couple for trade but probably wouldn't have succeeded anyway by the sounds of things.. -.-

I think I managed to get 1. It kept throwing it out of the basket at check out, but managed to complete check out with 1 only.
If I've been sucsesful, there's a good chance it'll be for trade or auction.

It happens all the time unfortunately people like to make a profit on them because they know it will be a sought after pin.. they know people will pay that price.

What a morning once again ... how on earth do they manage to screw up every single time? My mind is too little to understand, lol.

I never thought I had a chance, since I had to do it very sneaky at work, on my tiny little smartphone, using 3G connection :anxious:

Site went off about 9.08 am, managed to work again, my payment e-mail got in at 9.18 am and my Disney Store confirmation came at 9.19 am

We'll see what happens. You can never know you got it with DS Europe, untill you have it in hand.

Man I got to the checkout this morning but the website wouldn't let me put my payment details in. I kept getting an error message saying pay type missing or something similar. I'm still so angry and upset at the website for not working properly. I was so close :(

Edit to add: I just looked and I still have the page open. It says missing parameter: payType .... :/

Last edited:
Unfortunately, they do it just to make money. The only solution is for us not to buy them at that price. If no one bought them, they'd be forced to lower the price closer to retail or they'd have wasted their money. Unfortunately, some people do pay those inflated prices and that's what make it carry on like a vicious circle! It's an unfortunate side to the hobby but something I guess we just have to deal with - or rather, ignore and try not to support!

When the three fairies pin released, I picked up two and sold them at cost (not even a penny mark up) to people in the US that couldn't get them. Now I see people listing them for twice the retail price and higher, and I just feel a little proud that I saved two collectors from paying the extra and helped them with their collections instead of using it as a way to make a quick buck. If we all support each other like this, maybe one day we'll overcome the sharks! (Gee, I sound like some kind of motivational speaker now... I'll stop talking!)

I appreciate traders like you! If I'm ever in a situation where I can buy pins at cost, I will definitely keep you and other traders like you in mind and pay it forward.

Gotta Keep Calm and Pin Trade On! :rock:

I just received my 2 UP pins 5 minutes ago as I paid for express delivery. They are really nice and much larger than the normal sized pins.

If anyone has them for trade, they will go well once people see them !

Mine are spoken for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back