• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girl behind me (I think I was #186 or something, definitely the 'stand-bys') seemed kind of new to pin collecting and the DSF in general... I told her it was very unlikely that we'd even see the Up or Tangled pin. She said she just really wanted Stitch...

And she was, literally, the last one that got Stitch. However that worked itself out, I thought it was really cool... :)

You're right! It didn't get closed yet!!! Quick everyone, post things before the thread does get closed!!!

jil3pc.gif

jkjkjk That gif is way too perfect for DSF release threads xD

Purrfect gif Kupo! ;)

...I'm confused. So, people qued for 3 days to get a wristband and then they DIDN'T get the pins? @_@ Why/how has this happened?

...I'm confused. So, people qued for 3 days to get a wristband and then they DIDN'T get the pins? @_@ Why/how has this happened?

If you weren't in line by 9:30 you weren't allowed back in your spot. So if you were #1 and you got there at 9:31 you had to go to the back of the line

If you weren't in line by 9:30 you weren't allowed back in your spot. So if you were #1 and you got there at 9:31 you had to go to the back of the line

:( OMG that's awful. Is that seriously how it works? Why can't the late comer just jump in when they turn up? If they're number 1, surely they have more right to get served than like number 150, even if they're a bit late? What if they had a good reason for being late? @_@ It just seems super harsh.

Last edited:
So... The one consistent rule is now being questioned? This place is funny. People line up hours and hours before the band distribution and then can't manage to be early for a final line up time that was told to each and every band recipient? Blame the people who blew it at zero hour; not DSF for enforcing a long standing rule.

So... The one consistent rule is now being questioned? This place is funny. People line up hours and hours before the band distribution and then can't manage to be early for a final line up time that was told to each and every band recipient? Blame the people who blew it at zero hour; not DSF for enforcing a long standing rule.

I was worried because 9:30 was coming around but Jordan wanted to go play with the girls he befriended, I wouldn't let him because I herd if you missed your spot, your loss, and I herd it happened, I was shocked. When I was picking out my pins at the register, one employee was on the phone talking to someone, she repeated what they said, all I caught was, they had thier bracelets but stepped out of line? who-ever that was I think they missed getting thier pins and was calling to complain. wow so strict.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but just so you know, I live in the UK and therefore have no idea how DSF wristbands/pin distribution/etc actually works. I assumed that as long as you had a wristband, you had the right to buy the pins. I had no idea that you had to be in a specific order for a specific time. So yeah, to me, it does sound very harsh that a person who is 1 minute late is unable to buy their pins. What if someone had a good, genuine reason for being late? Why can't exceptions be made in exceptional circumstances?

As I said, it just seems very harsh, even if those are the rules. :)

I was worried because 9:30 was coming around but Jordan wanted to go play with the girls he befriended, I wouldn't let him because I herd if you missed your spot, your loss, and I herd it happened, I was shocked. When I was picking out my pins at the register, one employee was on the phone talking to someone, she repeated what they said, all I caught was, they had thier bracelets but stepped out of line? who-ever that was I think they missed getting thier pins and was calling to complain. wow so strict.

Well, think of how this usually works:
Everyone is back in line at 9:30, and someone walks down the line and hands you a numbered voucher, number 1-150 (For the valentines it was just a mark on the wristband, but it's usually a physical numbered card).

Now, the employee gives out the 150 vouchers, and suddenly the real #20 shows up and wants his/her place in line. Theresa (employee) would have to go and move all the vouchers down one, and tell #150 they can no longer have 150 as someone showed up late that was earlier in line. And, in this case, she would have to tell 17 people that they had to give up their vouchers because of people that showed up late... Can you imagine how that would go down? Several people argued that 'First come, first serve' is the fair way to do this. Well, that rule applies to the 9:30 line up as well... The first 150 wristbanded people in line at 9:30 get the first 150 vouchers.

The actual #1-150 spots for purchasing a pin are given out at _exactly_ 9:30. It doesn't matter what wristband you have or how long you camped out for it. The wristbands mean nothing except for where you are allowed to stand at 9:30.

If no wristbands are issues for a release, then the first 150 people that are there at 9:30 get the first 150 spots. If you choose to run down the street to use the restroom or something at 9:29, then you loose your spot. I think even the parks work this way. And they don't just go 'Oh, 20 is missing, okay, where's 21?' They actually yell out 'NUMBER TWENTY' one or two times just to make sure they aren't just standing a few feet away. If you are in the alley, you will hear the number being called. It's not like the people that got skipped were just standing a few feet away talking to friends, _they left the alley_ (if there were already there, some I believe just showed up late).

Last edited:
I just want my forum member to know how much I appreciate their friendship. I know how tiring this release was along with the scary drama that went on . I want to Thank them with all my heart. :hug:

the only thing that bothered me about this release was the 4 people who thought it was okay to line switch, why would you think that was fair for everyone else that stood in line the whole time?

person 1 stood in line from x time to y time, then person 1 had to leave, so person 2 walked into the line to take their spot. Person 1 either never came back, or came back the next day to take his/her spot in line again.

does anyone else find this a problem?

As long as only 1 wristband was issued, it's not really a problem. Only one spot was given out, if you've got a friend willing to stand there in line for nothing just so you don't have to, congrats for you... :)

I've seen husbands stand in line for wives before, and when wife shows up, he makes clear she's the only one getting the wristband, and when they reach the wristband person, only one of them got one. Doesn't change my place in line, so it really doesn't matter that much I don't think...

As long as only 1 wristband was issued, it's not really a problem. Only one spot was given out, if you've got a friend willing to stand there in line for nothing just so you don't have to, congrats for you... :)

I've seen husbands stand in line for wives before, and when wife shows up, he makes clear she's the only one getting the wristband, and when they reach the wristband person, only one of them got one. Doesn't change my place in line, so it really doesn't matter that much I don't think...

how is that okay? especially for a 2 day campout? a few people were told they could not do that (after 4 people had already done it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back