• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Valentine's Day Chocolate Boxes -- number on the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Valentine's Day Chocolate Boxes -- number on the back?

MaidMarian

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Should the DSF Valentine's Day chocolate box pins have a number printed on the back? I was organizing pins today and taking note of what was on the back of them, and I noticed that my Robin & Marian doesn't have one. This is one of the pins in my collection that I have a small concern about because I bought it when I had just started seriously collecting pins, and when it got to me it seemed to be on the wrong backer card* and in a baggie with a price sticker that said, "Mother's Day." Oops! :p Apart from a lot of Cheetos fingerprints on the inside (!), the pin itself looked good. But now I wonder, do the pins in this set normally have a serial number printed on?

*This brings up another question: What is the number with the "P" at the beginning? I thought it was the SKU number, but the pins I looked at on Pinpics today didn't have a letter "P" in the SKU number.

Last edited:
The P is a serial number, which may or may not be on the pin itself.

The SKU is the number right below the UPC.

LOTS OF pins year or two ago and before (It's mixed) don't have serials on them. BUT the newest ones mostly all do.

It's hard to find fakes of dsf though sometimes since dsf itself doesn't normally have a regular quality control ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back