DSSH Love Is In The Air Aristocats pin LE 400

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by arielsdinglehopper, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Hey guys! So today my DSF hot air balloon Duchess and O’Malley pin arrived and I have a few concerns. First of all the metal on the cats isn’t defined and is quite dull, there’s a flaw on Thomas’ eye and it just generally looks off compared to photos I’ve seen. The back of the pin also has a border and the edges are a little raised in places. However I purchased the pin on an original backing card and plastic and from a very reliable eBay seller (100% positive) so I’m unsure. Does anyone know anything about this set being faked? And what is the correct protocol when buying a fake pin, should I contact the seller or not? Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I’ve managed to clear things up with the seller so if mods want to close or delete this thread, feel free!

3. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

If you'd like a comparison photo still I know @Pinasaurus owns this pin too, and hers is good
    This pin does have a weird coating on the cats, and the printing can very easily be off on their faces (seen this on lots of this pin)

arielsdinglehopper likes this.
  4. Pinasaurus

Pinasaurus PinPics: Pinasaurus

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

[​IMG][​IMG]

Can confirm, this one is a weird mix of soft enamel looking stuff and a clear coating. I included closeups of mine. The only thing I see is maybe O’Malley’s pupil on the eye closest to Duchess, but the silkscreening is so small it’s hard to see without a good macro lense. The back looks good though!

arielsdinglehopper likes this.
  5. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    510   0   0

Also, whenever you take pictures...well, whenever anyone takes pictures, don't take it in your hand, on a multi-colored bedsheet or anything that has something other than a clean, crisp one-color background.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.