• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ear hat ornaments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ear hat ornaments
Really loving them. Read on the parks blog that they'll be online in summer (winter for me). Grrr, normally I'd just buy them all but I'm getting a new car so won't be able to afford all them PLUS more ear hats (also got confirmation more ear hats are coming, from the parks blog). Absolutely sad. .. not sure which ones to pick!

Disney Parks Shoe Ornaments - Third Batch

My third batch of newly released Disney Parks Shoe Ornaments. These were all different from the ones I bought the previous two weeks. Purchased at the China Closet Shop in Main Street in Disneyland Park (Anaheim), on Sunday May 12, 2013, except for Tinker Bell's shoe, that was purchased at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. They were $22.95 each.

Shown are shoes for Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), Cruella De Vil (One Thousand and One Dalmations), Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas), and Tinker Bell (Peter Pan). The Jack Skellington and Tinker Bell shoes were done by Disney artist Cody Reynolds, and the villains by Costa Alavezos. The Maleficent and Tinker Bell shoes had lots of glitter (black and green respectively), that tended to shed. The Cruella and Jack shoes are glitter free. I have last year's Maleficent and Cruella Ear Hat ornaments, but I can't find them at the moment. As far as I know, there have been no Jack Skellington or Tinker Bell Ear Hat ornaments released.

None of the shoe ornaments so far released are limited edition. I'm not sure if there are more models yet to be released. So far they are only available at Disney Resorts, and not online. There were some models that I decided not to buy, including Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and Mary Poppins.

Disney Parks Shoe Ornaments - Third Batch - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Parks Shoe Ornaments - Third Batch - Full Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

I think there was supposed to be 19 total.
If that total is correct, then I've accounted for all 19. I've purchased and posted photos of 16 shoes, and mentioned in my last post that there are also three that I didn't purchase (Minnie, Daisy and Mary Poppins). I've just compared the ones I've seen in DLR with the ones pictured in the Disney Parks Blog article Stylish Shoe Ornaments Strutting into Merchandise Locations this Spring at Disney Parks of May 13th, and indeed I've seen all 19 of the shoes shown in the article.

Disney Parks Shoe Ornaments - Released Online - US Disney Store

Thirteen of the nineteen Disney Parks Shoe Ornaments have been released online by the Disney Store, on June 17, 2013. They are $22.95 each, the same price as in Disneyland.

Available are Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Cruella De Vil, Evil Queen, Jasmine, Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, Rapunzel, Snow White, Tiana and Ursula. Not yet available online are shoes for Alice, Daisy Duck, Jack Skellington, Mary Poppins, Minnie Mouse and Tinker Bell.

Here's a screen shot of the shoes available now:

Disney Parks Shoe Ornaments - US Disney Store Screenshot - 2013-06-17 by drj1828, on Flickr

Thirteen of the nineteen Disney Parks Shoe Ornaments have been released online by the Disney Store, on June 17, 2013. They are $22.95 each, the same price as in Disneyland.

Available are Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Cruella De Vil, Evil Queen, Jasmine, Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, Rapunzel, Snow White, Tiana and Ursula. Not yet available online are shoes for Alice, Daisy Duck, Jack Skellington, Mary Poppins, Minnie Mouse and Tinker Bell.

Here's a screen shot of the shoes available now:

Disney Parks Shoe Ornaments - US Disney Store Screenshot - 2013-06-17 by drj1828, on Flickr

ooh thank you! must have!!

Hmmmm... I do like the princess shoe ornaments, but the villain shoe ornaments look a bit too over designed and overworked for some reason. Granted, the villains are over-the-top personalities, but their shoe ornaments borderline on being tacky.

Last edited:
I love the shoe ornaments. I ordered the 13 from the DS this morning. Can't wait until they put up the last 6!

Do these normally sell out quickly? I would rather not pay full price for them only to see them go on clearance later. I've seen this happen with too many items from the DS. Plus they're not LE so I would think it would be safe to wait.

Do these normally sell out quickly? I would rather not pay full price for them only to see them go on clearance later. I've seen this happen with too many items from the DS. Plus they're not LE so I would think it would be safe to wait.

I wouldn't think they would sell out super fast as they are not LE, but that doesn't mean a favorite of yours couldn't be sold out by the time they go on clearance. Even with the Villain dolls, I was sad that I paid full price for them, as they eventually went to half off, but if I would have waited, I would have missed out on Malificent and the Evil Queen. At least that is what I tell myself to make myself feel better about paying full price! lol!

I don't think I've seen the ear hat ornaments go on sale, other than 3 for $50 at the park (and possibly online). Maybe Christmas time, these will go to 3 for $50, in which case, if you have a premium or premier AP, it'll be 3 for $40 + tax.

Hmmmm... I do like the princess shoe ornaments, but the villain shoe ornaments look a bit too over designed and overworked for some reason. Granted, the villains are over-the-top personalities, but their shoe ornaments borderline on being tacky.

I agree the princess shoes are all very pretty but I am not really feeling the villains which is a shame because I am a HUGE villain fan/collector. The only one I kind of like is the Queen of Hearts but I think the villain earhat ornaments turned out much better. I'll probably get a few of the princess ones.

I saw all of these in person at WDW last month, and I felt much the same. Most of the princess ones are beautiful, and some of the other characters are cute as anything. The Villains shoes were the ones I didn't like. Too much glitter, too fussy, too everything. The only one I liked was Queen of Hearts.

On the ear hat subject, not sure if they are still there, but the outlets on Vineland and I-Drive had the Chip and Dale one for $12 or $14. I already had it, but a nice find for anyone looking for it. And they do take mail order orders; just call them directly.

I never could get ahold of Ariel or Belle, so I will be stuck going the eBay route at some point. As it is, I have Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, Rapunzel, Aurora, Donald, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Grumpy, the Dalmation one, and Wall-E and Eve. Love them all.

I have to agree. I really dislike Ursula and Maleficents shoes. I also dislike Snow Whites shoe. I really like Ariel, Jasmine, and Tiana's shoes. Theirs are the only ones I will buy. I might buy Rapunzel and Belle since I love the characters.

How do you post a picture to a post without doing it as a URL? I have a couple new ear hat pics to share, but have no idea how to do it. Thanks!

Thank you very much for posting this! I've been waiting for the Jasmine ear hat ornament! I want expecting them out so soon, so I hadn't been keeping my eye out. I love the Nightmare Before Christmas, I just wonder if they needed 6 ornaments dedicated to it, yet miss out on Mulan, Pocahontas and Merida - also, I have Hook's ornament but there's no Tink, Pan or Wendy. Hopefully there'll be some more coming :-D

I don't know if this was already posted in the pin threads, but it looks like the Villain Shoes will be getting matching pins, including Captain Hook and Hades! These are to be released in the US parks on 09/13/2013 and will cost $29.95. I hope they make ornaments for the Captain Hook and Hades shoes, too!

400007812673-500x290.jpg

I'm still not crazy about most of the Villain Shoe designs, but I would buy the pin set and a Hades Shoe Ornament if they ever made one. :) I wish they would make a Megara Shoe Ornament and pin!

Ooh, definitely want these. I hope it makes it online. Good thing is, it looks like more shoe ornaments will be made someday!

I love the shoes with the ear hat. Now I have to buy them. And the NEW ear hats are out and cuter than last year's hats. I'm going broke.

Those pins are adorable! I would love to see a Hades shoe ornament. Jafar and Dr. Facilier would be awesome as well. I think Cruella's is my least favorite something about her design reminds me of Woody from Toy Story haha. I think if they did her heel as her green cigarette holder instead of the dalmatian spots it would have been better.

And yes Megara needs more attention. She is one of the coolest Disney characters. I would buy a Meg shoe ornament in a heartbeat! And Esmeralda to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back