• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ebay scammer!!!! Read!!!! Must read!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay scammer!!!! Read!!!! Must read!!!

NChouser

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I was shopping around on EBAY last week when I found a guy with perfect feeback selling 7 vinylmation pins. I put my max bid up to 35.00 figuring that 5 bucks a pin would be about right.

Well I forgot all about the auction and I won the items for 3.75 cents?!? I was VERY hesitant of paying and having them shipped. Simply because why was nobody bidding them up? Scammer? I went against my gut and paid 5.50 with shipping for 7 pins. It sounds so bad and it only gets worse.

I get them yesterday and open them up this morning. ALL COUNTERFEITS! I immediately sent the guy a message and told him either A. He is scamming people out of money who do not know any better or B. He somehow has no freaking clue about these pins.

The usual answer is A. Well needless to say we have been going BACK and FORTH on this issue today. He offered a refund BUT I would have to pay to ship them to him. That would be 2.50. To get back 3.25. So for .75 cents I could return the pins.

Now he refused to pay for my return shipping SOOOO I have these options.

1. Contact Ebay and report him. Send pins back and get only 75 cents back.

2. Eat the whole 5 bucks and give him NEG feedback and WARN all others of his BS.

3. ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS? or ADVICE?

I realize this all could have been avoided by me realizing that this was way to good to be true. I am very sad...not so much about the 5 bucks but the fact the pins are useless to me now!

Maybe I can melt down all of them including my other scrapper and make something out of them... UGHH!

Last edited:
There was a similar issue few months back. That DPF member managed to get everything back from Ebay w/o having to send the pins back.

I suggest that you leave a neg fb and file a complaint for "item not described" with Ebay. In the mean time, check Pinpics for scrapper warnings before purchasing on Ebay, even then it won't be foolproof though. Good luck!

For sure file a complaint with EBay and remind the seller about the recent case against someone selling counterfeit, and how it is against the law!!!!!!!! N

Vicki

Hi
I suggest as well you send pictures all info here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for your correspondence. We want you to know that we appreciate the time you took to bring this matter to our attention. We protect our intellectual property rights vigorously and we take reports of suspected infringement seriously. However, as you can appreciate, investigations are confidential.We neither reveal our sources nor generally correspond further with them about any investigations.

Please feel free to use our email address tips@disneyantipiracy.com or our Antipiracy voice mail hotline, 818-560-3300, if you want to provide more information about the suspected infringement or to report a suspected infringement in the future.

Very truly yours,

Antipiracy Group, Corporate Legal

The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-0527

Even if you do not get a response its been reported

send me a PM ..I would like to know who the seller is with addy and info

Judy

Here is a good idea that I do with my scrappers. You can use them to educate other pin traders. I got my mom, sister and a couple other friends in to trading and I use my scrappers as a educational tool to show them what to look for.

The funniest/saddest thing is that this guy is defending his pins all the way to the end. Crazy!

I even sent him the link to a guide for scrappers and HE STILL is being a jerk. LOL

If you bought this on ebay, which you did, you can definitely call them on the phone and explain the situation to them. If the description says they are Disney pins, and they are counterfeits or scrappers, then the description is innacurate and not what you thought you were buying. This has happened to me, and ebay has made the seller pay for the postage to return the pins also.

One other thing you can do is to tell this seller that you have no choice but to report him for fraud. This usually does it, but I prefer to go through ebay.

I have had this happen to me as well, unfortunately more than once. You have done your due dilligence by contacting him first, now you need to open a case with ebay, as it has been mentioned you file under "item not as described" since the seller did not mention that these may or may not be counterfeit pins. The good news is that ebay almost always side with the buyer and in this case you do not have to send the pins back and you will get a full refund, price plus shipping as per ebay's user agreement. Absolutely leave negative feedback, sellers like these thrive because they intimidate buyers with the guise that they gave them a refund, yada, yada, but they are still selling scrappers and the only way for us to stop them is to affect their feedback score with negative comments.

Finally what I would suggest is to file a complaint with the FBI's online fraud department. While nothing may come of filing the report for you, it will put this guy on their watch list. The FBI is really taking counterfeiting of designer/licensed merchandise seriously. If you live in LA you know all about the fashion districts penchant for fake designer purses, well that has come to a stop or at least a slow down. I even have a few ebay stories of friends who have come into question concerning this matter, a misunderstanding of course, but my point is that they are taking this very seriously and by reporting to them every time we encounter an instance of pin fraud, we are alerting them to the problem so that someone with real power can prevent the proliferation of scrappers.

I also purchased a pin on eBay that was damaged upon arrival (and not from the packaging since it was in a padded envelope). I've sent two messages to the seller, both with links to the pictures of the pin and the damage (he/she claimed the first set of pics were unclear but I described where the damage was and you can see them in the first set of pics).

It wasn't too much money $4, but if the seller wants me to pay for return shipping ($2) and then only refund me my purchase price without shipping ($1), I will be out an extra $1 than if I don't send the pin back. So, we will see. It is completely not as described and the seller didn't use a stock photograph either. If this doesn't work, I will escalate to eBay and get my $$ back through them (but this seller has thousands of positive feedback so we'll see how eBay works on that).

UPDATE: Seller refunded my purchase price (with shipping) in full. Hopefully, that happens with NChouser too!

Last edited:
thanks for posting maybe it willl help others be more careful :) bboth sellers and buyers :) i always ask for photos close ups :)

Report to Disney and to eBay. Report the actual item, and pick "copyright and trademark", "Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer", "Counterfeit, fake, or replica items" then put in the box that you received a known counterfeit item. Then open up a dispute and list that as your reason. Ebay will refund you your money WITHOUT having to send ANYTHING back. If you file a dispute/claim, it makes it official, and legally eBay cannot ask you to return an illegal (thats what it is) item back to the seller. They would break the law themselves; trafficking in illegal goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back