• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fairy Godmother: Mattel or DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairy Godmother: Mattel or DS?

Queen Elsa

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

So I really want to add one of the Fairy Godmother dolls from the 2015 movie to my collection, but from the stock photos I just can't decide whether I like the Mattel or Disney Store doll better. Does anyone have either or both that can tell me which they think is better? Thanks!

I have Disney Store's Fairy Godmother and I adore her! I've seen the Mattel version in person and I did not prefer her face mold or the fabric of her dress. The DS version dress has a ton of detail and is intricate. The Mattel face has large lines on either side of her face that I think make her look old and Helena Bonham Carter does not have wrinkles like that! The DS version is not smiling though and I do sort of wish she had a little smirk.
It really just depends on your preference, if you prefer Mattel or DS dolls in general. Also if you'd prefer a white/opalescent poofy dress or a more detailed pale blue dress.
If the boxes matter to you, the DS box is tall but thinner and the Mattel box is wider but a little shorter and not as deep.

I hope you love whichever version you choose!

This helps a lot, thank you! I think I'm gonna go with DS because the dress just seems more intricate to me even if her hair is white and I'd hoped for blonde. Plus her little wings are adorable, haha. Thank you!

For me, the DS doll absolutely wins for the gown, but I really don't like the DS doll (face or hair). So ideally for me, I would take the Mattel doll with the DS dress (assuming it would actually fit on her). The hair of the Mattel doll is better and she has the star tiara. And it is true that neither doll looks like Helena Bonham Carter, but the Mattel doll is more appealing to me.

The mattel version to me looks nothing like her in the film... The face is off and unflattering, the hair is just awful. In my opinion disney store is beyond better than the mattel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back