• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fake or real PODM??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake or real PODM??

fries440

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0

Does the back of this lady and the tramp pin look real or fake to you?

Oh man... I really really hope that fake PODM's don't start turning up... I'll let someone with more experience tackle this question, but you have a pretty big border and the mickey heads are all distorted on the one side :/ I'm going to have to go look at the back of my LatT PODM when I get home...

I don't think there are fake PODMs out there, because the cost would be higher, profit would be lower than what they get on scrappers of Hidden Mickeys and one layer pins (that is, not pin on pin, sliders, etc.)

Wow, your PODM is truely the first PODM that I have seen with differences. I currently own about 75 PODM's and none of mine look like that, but it could be a production run mold during that period.

At first I thought it was a scrapper (not counterfeit) due to the missing mickey's on the left hand side. I then noticed that the official logo on your right hand side is not clear enough (could be quality of your camera) and that the Limited Edition of 2000 stamp is also stamped on the opposite side of mine but others are like that. Other individuals do have PODM's similiar to your PODM back so it seems legit.

Last edited:
Just checked on ours and this is 100% authentic... Stamp pattern matches exactly to all of the Lady and the Tramp pins we have... The pattern on the left is a flaw in the mold and it is the same on every one...

I just noticed the same on mine and I personally got mine from dlr I stayed overnight to get them at the store near the monorail entrance at downtown disney so I'm gonna say real haha lol

The Die that punched the embossed print probably was never seated right, I know on our big giant emboss roll at work just for papertowels if the two rolls don't match up just right the pattern looks wider just like your mickey ear emboss print on the PODM and if others are seeing the same then the press or whatever they used was not set up correctly therefore giving you distorted Mickey ears, it's a manufacturing flaw not a fake! I don't think anyones got time for making scrapper PODMS LOL! now where's that lady MEME ain't nobody got time for that! lol

I have a couple year 1 PODMs that look like that. I also traded away a couple like that... Just assumed it was a stamping error. Nothing was wrong with the front or the film strip so I guess I never thought anything of it.

The podm looks real. PODMs have not been scrapped or counterfeited perse* There have been some known to have had the cels swapped out. People had taken the original cel out and replaced it with a purchased replica. However, the difference is usually seen by the sound bar on the cel; most reproduced movie cels have a different color sound bar. Due to the fact that there is no known data base for what cels were actually offered it's very difficult to determine (unless the sound bar is different colored).

i think my heart would actually break if they were starting to replaicate PODMs. especially since people are charging so much for them!!! it already blows my mind that DSF pins are being replicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back