• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Finding Scrapper WDW "D" pins at DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding Scrapper WDW "D" pins at DLR

Trade Winds Pins

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Hi all, I was at DLR for a short time yesterday. On several CM lanyards, I saw (and traded for) a couple the WDW lanyard series "D" pins (the small D with a character in them) from 2011 Wave 1. I found a Minnie and a Mickey. The Minnie *may* be real, but the "world" design really covers her face, so I'm not sure if it's authentic and just butt-ugly, or a scrapper. The Mickey is definitely a scrapper--no "world" stamp on the front at all (ironically, to me, it actually looks like a better design than the potential authentic one I found). :eek2:

Anyway, I hadn't seen many of these recently (and I'm at DLR usually once a week), whether authentic or scrapper, so you might want to be careful and look at them closely if you're collecting them.

The genuine "D" HM pins should have the world design covering the face...the one without is definitely a counterfeit. I have seen several of the DLR Character Frame HMs on lanyards at WDW that were at the very least scrappers, if not cheap counterfeits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back