• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: For all you with a sweet tooth... DSF - KING CANDY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: For all you with a sweet tooth... DSF - KING CANDY!
FABULOUS pin! However as others have mentioned the "random acts of kindness" directed at one particular member skews this auction completely and makes it extremely rude/unfair for those not lucky enough to receive such a kind gesture by two purported "strangers"

IMHO if you want to assist another bidder it would much "kinder" to the "community" to do so in private and then the bidder can make outlandish bids on their own and everyone can just drop out, in essence it could have been done in trade and not an auction. Too many hurt feelings to actually be anything other than hurtful to the MASSES and helpful to ONE.

If you really want to be kind to the "community" give your pins away to the "community" its called a zap and everyone loves those!

Good luck.

You are so absolutely right!!! If an auction can't be fair, then what is the point. I commend you for not being afraid to speak up.

FABULOUS pin! However as others have mentioned the "random acts of kindness" directed at one particular member skews this auction completely and makes it extremely rude/unfair for those not lucky enough to receive such a kind gesture by two purported "strangers"

IMHO if you want to assist another bidder it would much "kinder" to the "community" to do so in private and then the bidder can make outlandish bids on their own and everyone can just drop out, in essence it could have been done in trade and not an auction. Too many hurt feelings to actually be anything other than hurtful to the MASSES and helpful to ONE.

If you really want to be kind to the "community" give your pins away to the "community" its called a zap and everyone loves those!

Good luck.

Good luck.
I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I only did what I did to help someone else out.
I can assure you I'm not a purported stranger given this was my first time talking to Pin-a-Colada.
This is my first time doing anything on here other than buying pins from someone else, and I guess if it harms more people then it helps I will just stick to buying pins for myself.
Sorry to the masses and the OP for ruining this auction, won't happen again.

I am sorry everybody feels this way but Pin-A-Colada helped me in an auction before and I never did anything for him so that is why I bid for him. I was repaying him for what he did for me in the past but again I am sorry everybody feels the way they do.

Sorry, I just noticed Pin-A-Colada is pre-bidding a DSF pin that hasn't been released yet. I retract my bid too. I can deal with gang bidding, but not pre-bidding.

Darn I was excited to try and bid for this pin for my collection but reading through the bids and post has turned me off to even bothering with this... Guess I will try somewhere else.

After talking to a couple of people about the situation...
The auction will resume. I'm sorry that some people have extra support, but it sounds like they earned it! I can't change the rules or restart the auction. I want people to still bid. You never know what may catch my eye! I have some of the pins that were offered and I love quantity! Please don't give up. You never know what will happen.

i am chiming in because the auctioneer has asked for advice a few times on this auction privately. The OP did not do anything wrong by allowing people to assist others. I see your point about public assistance, i really do! It has been discussed before in threads about this exact topic. The Mods/Admins have chosen not to put a ban on such assistance. At this point, our Auctioneer is in a pickle, because it is not something easily fixed.

They cant renege on allowance of the assisted bids, cant renege on the allowance of future releases. Cant close auction and start over because that IS against the rules. Technically cannot even disallow the bids due to the rules. All bids must be considered. If they said "no further future bids or assistance bids" it would be unfair to those still bidding because then THEY would not be able to do what has been done for the others. Now the OP looks bad, which is not really very nice, they only allowed these things because it seemed like a nice community helping friends out. Now Pinacolada looks like they are getting an unfair advantage, but they didnt tell people to bid for them did they? Nope....

So the auctioneer and pinacolada are now between a rock and a hard place and i don't think it is very fair to act like they are trying to hurt other peoples feelings on purpose. I totally understand, and I am betting they do to, that folks are feeling ganged up on.

I am not a mod, and am not speaking as/for/like them... BUT, My suggestion, *since it is not against the rules* Is for EVERYONE to retract their bid, thus allowing our auctioneer to close the auction with NO BIDS at the time they are scheduled to. THIS plan would keep everyone from having broken any official rules. THEN our Auctioneer could technically open a new auction for the same pin, but with a rule of no assistance and no future pins.

Does anyone agree that this might be a good idea?

I just want to make it clear that I hold nothing personal against any of the people that helped Angel, nor Angel himself, nor the auctioneer! I think it's very sweet and generous to help someone else out. Me and Angel teamed up to help Carissa get her grail a while back :) I just chose not to continue to bid because I can't compete with four people bidding as one *lol* but again I hold no ill will towards anyone for it! I'm up for whatever the auctioneer chooses to do. :)

I too was also asked for advice regarding this auction from the auctioneer... As they now understand the mistake and want a fair resolution and ending to this auction...

As Molly pointed out in a prior post above whether or not it was intended the assistance to a bidder is unfair and causes an uneasy feeling among members...

My suggestion was to retract the assist bids and re-post an updated leaderboard reflecting the bids placed by a single member only...

Again as I am not any form of a MOD nor have any interest in who wins the pin in question, this was my suggestion as a fair resolution...

Best of Luck to all bidding...

Just sticking my nose in, but retracting all the bids, with a view to the auction ending with no bids, could put the auctioneer at risk ...I don't like to think this would happen, but someone could snipe it at the last minute.

I am not upset with Angel or StitchinWonderland, but whenever people choose to bid for someone else or add to someone else's bid, I think it is rude and unfair, and it takes all the fun out of auctions. I have to try anyways though...

New bid

pin70368th72
Pin 70368: WDW - White Glove - WALL-E and EVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back