• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Framed Pin Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Framed Pin Sets

leopardpolkadotspots

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Hello

I have a few questions regarding framed pin sets.

Why are they so hard to get hold of?

Has anyone come across any pin collectors breaking up the frame - i.e. selling/trading the pins individually?

Were these pins ever released singularly?

You can get some framed sets in Paris in some of the stores but they are kinda pricey. And some people on the forum do sometimes but not often break up a framed set if they are looking to keep just one of the pins but they only break them up if they can sell the other pins in the frame.

Ive seen a few times that pins do get released for an event and then there is a frame with a completer pin of some sort. I may be wrong but other members might be able to explain more about the frames they get etc

Q1) As a general rule, framed sets have limited quantities and usually offered through special events or at certain Disney store locations. WDI has one of kind framed sets that they sell on occasion as well. The cost of them is also a factor as they can cost well into the hundreds of dollars.

Q2) There are collectors that will break up frame sets if there is only a specific pin they want, usually the completer or other hard to find pin, this has happened with members on this forum actually. Then there are pins from framed sets that end up on the trader boards at events or CM Lanyards. I actually got the LE 50 completer 2 pin from the Haunted Mansion Opin House Amenities off of a CM lanyard.

Q3) While many framed sets have pins that can be bought individually, they will include completer pins or pins that are only available exclusively as a framed set with an extremely low LE count. I'll use the HM Amenities set again. The 6 pins that were sold individually had a LE count of 2000 for about $10 each. The collectors set had all 6 pins plus a completer pin that was LE 750 for about $80. The Framed set had all 7 prior pins plus another completer pin that was LE 50 and a frame for $225.

Last edited:
I have broken up framed pin sets in the past. 1) if I only want certain pins from the framed set, 2) I was able to obtain another set somewhere at a resonable price, and, there was a high Trade value.

Mike S.

I'm actually in the process of breaking up two framed sets that I purchased at the auction I work at - proof you can really score and find pins in the oddest places :) For me, I knew off the bat I was going to use them as traders because it was nothing I collected. That and the opportunity to purchase both sets for only $25 was too good a deal to pass up! In my case though, the pins in the framed sets are all older OE pins so I'm not trading them like they're LE framed sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back