• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF GAME FREE Giveaway

That’s so kind of you!

I went to WDW in 2019 with my mother who hadn’t been since 2020. She was like a kid! I asked her if she wanted to meet the characters and she said no. But then we saw Donald at HS with no line and went over and he hugged her and the rest of the weekend she was showing anyone who would listen the pictures of how she got to met Donald! It was so cute! <3 I gave her a lanyard with some cheap authentic pins and let her have fun. She loved trading but didn’t want to keep them. I still have the lanyard of scrappers she traded for. 🤦‍♀️ 🤣

Wife and I spent our honeymoon at WDW in 1994. When we were stateside we spent our anniversaries at WDW. My wife is a Mickey and Star Wars fanatic and Star Wars weekends coincided with our anniversary (double bonus points). In 2014, for our 20th anniversary we got in line to get pictures with Jedi Mickey and Minnie. We got in line six times because each time we got near the front of the queue they switched out Minnie and Mickey for Donald and Goofy. Finally one of the handlers must have recognized us and let us stand by until Jedi Mickey and Minnie came back out. During the pictures I got on one knee gave her a new ring and asked her for the next 20 years.

Wife and I spent our honeymoon at WDW in 1994. When we were stateside we spent our anniversaries at WDW. My wife is a Mickey and Star Wars fanatic and Star Wars weekends coincided with our anniversary (double bonus points). In 2014, for our 20th anniversary we got in line to get pictures with Jedi Mickey and Minnie. We got in line six times because each time we got near the front of the queue they switched out Minnie and Mickey for Donald and Goofy. Finally one of the handlers must have recognized us and let us stand by until Jedi Mickey and Minnie came back out. During the pictures I got on one knee gave her a new ring and asked her for the next 20 years.
That’s a beautiful story!

Dang this is beautiful! Congrats on the wonderful life milestone for you and your wife!!

I've got a couple of really nice memories but I think one of my most recent was during Covid. Yeah... I know, not exactly great for everyone but this one's cool.

So my family went to experience the MNNSHP for the first time in 2022. We got to the park about 2 hours early and went to go trade on the boards as one does before the party activities. Well I met a very cute older lady working at the food cart next to Splash Mountain/Pooh Corner and let me tell ya.. she was so adorable! She seemed a little tired when I approached the cart to look at the board but I did manage to find a nice pin I could use as a trader. I asked her if I could trade and asked her to pick from what I had in my traders because giving the cast members the option to choose makes their day! You should have seen her light up; 100% mood altering exchange. She was so delighted that a guest was kind to her. We exchanged pins and I went on my way. The following day my family went hotel hopping to trade at the boards and look around at all the souvenir shops, giving all of the cast members the same treatment I did with the lovely Food Cart vendor. Well.... when we arrived at the Art of Animation resort she was there with an older gentleman at the registers in the gift shop! She didn't quite remember me from the night before because it was dark and I had a mask on but once I asked her to choose a pin for the board a little lightbulb clicked! She was so happy to see me again and we started talking about how she'd love to see any food related pins for her daughter who was a chef! This lovely lady and the older gentleman were friends so when she started talking about the pins the gentleman came over and I gave out some pins to the both of them. Turns out that was the first ever pin this gentleman had ever collected! These cast members were just so nice and I'm happy to have made their day a little better - cast members don't receive enough love or respect from guests these days. Wherever they are, I hope those cast members are doing well, staying healthy and keeping the Disney magic alive! Nothing's better than spreading a little kindness while pin trading!

I've got a couple of really nice memories but I think one of my most recent was during Covid. Yeah... I know, not exactly great for everyone but this one's cool.

So my family went to experience the MNNSHP for the first time in 2022. We got to the park about 2 hours early and went to go trade on the boards as one does before the party activities. Well I met a very cute older lady working at the food cart next to Splash Mountain/Pooh Corner and let me tell ya.. she was so adorable! She seemed a little tired when I approached the cart to look at the board but I did manage to find a nice pin I could use as a trader. I asked her if I could trade and asked her to pick from what I had in my traders because giving the cast members the option to choose makes their day! You should have seen her light up; 100% mood altering exchange. She was so delighted that a guest was kind to her. We exchanged pins and I went on my way. The following day my family went hotel hopping to trade at the boards and look around at all the souvenir shops, giving all of the cast members the same treatment I did with the lovely Food Cart vendor. Well.... when we arrived at the Art of Animation resort she was there with an older gentleman at the registers in the gift shop! She didn't quite remember me from the night before because it was dark and I had a mask on but once I asked her to choose a pin for the board a little lightbulb clicked! She was so happy to see me again and we started talking about how she'd love to see any food related pins for her daughter who was a chef! This lovely lady and the older gentleman were friends so when she started talking about the pins the gentleman came over and I gave out some pins to the both of them. Turns out that was the first ever pin this gentleman had ever collected! These cast members were just so nice and I'm happy to have made their day a little better - cast members don't receive enough love or respect from guests these days. Wherever they are, I hope those cast members are doing well, staying healthy and keeping the Disney magic alive! Nothing's better than spreading a little kindness while pin trading!
That's awesome, never thought to ask the cast member to pick a pin for the board. I have given a cast member or two a pin I had on my lanyard that they really liked.

Awesome story. Ty for sharing.

I don't believe I've ever asked a CM to choose a pin from my traders to add to the board/lanyard.

I have zapped CM's, personally, but not the later. Great idea.

Thx again for sharing. And I agree, they totally desire the kindness.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

That's awesome, never thought to ask the cast member to pick a pin for the board. I have given a cast member or two a pin I had on my lanyard that they really liked.
Thanks! We have talking to the cast members who are traders and getting to know more about their collections! During this same visit we helped a different cast member complete several of her Hidden Mickey sets too! So much fun and the cast members' reactions are priceless!!

Awesome story. Ty for sharing.

I don't believe I've ever asked a CM to choose a pin from my traders to add to the board/lanyard.

I have zapped CM's, personally, but not the later. Great idea.

Thx again for sharing. And I agree, they totally desire the kindness.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Zapping cast members is amazing! Love this Connie, keep spreading the Disney Magic!

That reminded me of a fond memory I have that is very similar. It was in the critter country store by Splash Mountain in WDW. It was a slow day in the store and when I asked to trade with a young lady working there, the other two young ladies came over and also showed their lanyards. I only wanted pins from one of them and she liked the pins I gave her and was excited to put them on her lanyard. The others commented on how they never get nice pins for their lanyards and nobody ever wants to trade with them. So we went over to the counter, I laid out all my lanyard trading pins and let them swap out and refresh their lanyards. They were soooooo excited and had a great time looking through and picking the ones they liked, etc. That felt really good.

That reminded me of a fond memory I have that is very similar. It was in the critter country store by Splash Mountain in WDW. It was a slow day in the store and when I asked to trade with a young lady working there, the other two young ladies came over and also showed their lanyards. I only wanted pins from one of them and she liked the pins I gave her and was excited to put them on her lanyard. The others commented on how they never get nice pins for their lanyards and nobody ever wants to trade with them. So we went over to the counter, I laid out all my lanyard trading pins and let them swap out and refresh their lanyards. They were soooooo excited and had a great time looking through and picking the ones they liked, etc. That felt really good.
Now that’s the kinda good pin karma I’m talking about! Great memory! Thanks for sharing 😁

My favorite memory is from when my son first went to Disney when he was about 1.5 years old. We went to the Hall of Princesses. In there, he saw the portrait of Jasmine and gave it a beautiful bashful smile. Jasmine was his first crush!

I'm going to try that the next time I get to trade. :)

Back