• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Limited Edition Pin on DS.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think thats what happened. I started this thread as soon as I saw it on DS.com. It was listed as sold out. I was looking on my iPhone through the DS app. That was about 4:30am eastern time. Within a few minutes someone commented on the thread that it was active and that they had just placed an order. I looked back at my iPhone and it still said SOLD OUT. THEN, I looked at the full website and I was able to order a pin. Lesson learned for me, always go to the full website instead of iPhone app. Luckily, I was able to get one by going to the other site in time. I had no idea when it actually was put for sale originally. So, it had to have been marked sold out and then opened active again.

I think thats what happened. I started this thread as soon as I saw it on DS.com. It was listed as sold out. I was looking on my iPhone through the DS app. That was about 4:30am eastern time. Within a few minutes someone commented on the thread that it was active and that they had just placed an order. I looked back at my iPhone and it still said SOLD OUT. THEN, I looked at the full website and I was able to order a pin. Lesson learned for me, always go to the full website instead of iPhone app. Luckily, I was able to get one by going to the other site in time. I had no idea when it actually was put for sale originally. So, it had to have been marked sold out and then opened active again.

it showed as sold out at 12:01 a.m. Two people got orders through within 1 minute that I know of. Then, apparently, it came back online at 2 a.m., at which time a lot of people had already gone to sleep (this is pacific time) but a group of people hadn't (I stayed up til 1 a.m. but then went to sleep and didn't hear the phone ringing)

Gosh, this was such an epic fail for me. I actually set my alarm last night for 10 minutes to midnight in case this was released and then I slept through my alarm! I woke up at 12:30 to see it had indeed been released but was sold out so I was kicking myself but went back to bed. I wish I would've stayed up and come here instead. So disappointing. Congrats to anyone who got one.

How do you know when new pins are going on sale? I have been active in collecting for a couple years and I never know when something is releasing. Please help me learn. Thanks and have a good day.

How do you know when new pins are going on sale? I have been active in collecting for a couple years and I never know when something is releasing. Please help me learn. Thanks and have a good day.

I think in this case it was just speculation based on when they were doing the UK release. I figured it would be any of the next 3 Mondays and I think Disney Store normally updates it's site with new items at midnight PST.

Apparently, in the "olden" days (like 3-4 years ago), DS.com would put things up at midnight pacific time and people would find them there. Sold out within 30 minutes though (not the 1 minute DS.com said it sold out today).

As others have said, this release was literally a guess. Many people assumed that since the pin is coming out on Thursday is the UK (US DS.com always releases pins on Monday at midnight) it would go alone as a surprise last night. We were right. I managed 1 (I was one of the 2 that got it the first time it was up for 35 seconds. Sadly, I missed out the second time (trying to find one for a friend and people who weren't so lucky with this release on DPF >_<).

As others have said, this release was literally a guess. Many people assumed that since the pin is coming out on Thursday is the UK (US DS.com always releases pins on Monday at midnight) it would go alone as a surprise last night. We were right. I managed 1 (I was one of the 2 that got it the first time it was up for 35 seconds. Sadly, I missed out the second time (trying to find one for a friend and people who weren't so lucky with this release on DPF >_<).

Has it shipped?

Mine has shipped, I'll let everyone know when mine did. I assume if anyone's does get shipped, it's mine or Ed's (the other person on DPF who got 1 within the 1st minute). :x: I'm positive though, staying positive...

Can't they just do it like with us in Europe and tell us beforehand when they release things? And maybe not in the middle of the night?? I knew about Monday but I thought it was gonna be next week and I knew somebody who tried today and did not get it because it never even properly showed up in the pin section...

Gosh I'm really bummed I missed this... :( that's what you get for working till after midnight the night before. I'll seriously trade anything for one guys... Congrats to all of you who did get one though :)

I'm so nervous now for the uk release. I ordered two Rapunzel pins and for them cancelled so I doubt I will be successful. But here's to hoping. Congrats to those that got it in the us

Maybe they don't want to announce it to avoid crashing the site. It sold out so quickly being a surprise release.

That's what I think. When the dolls go online and they announce it early, if you go onto DPF, there are about 175 people watching the thread alone. Last night there were 22 since it was a surprise and it still sold out like lightning. Can you imagine if 150 people were online JUST on DPF? That would just make it impossible O_O

So I guess we have to stay uup for 24 hours now just incase things get released later. Ugh I'm so
disappointed, I work til 3am for Disney every night and its still not enough because I went to bed after the initial lot sold out :(

i don't suppose anyone would be selling it for a less ridiculous price anywhere. I don't have a lot to offer for trade.

I think all of one person on this forum got one. It sounds like it literally sold out before the page was even on the main catalog. I know the LE doll links get leaked, but usually it's minutes after midnight, not BEFORE.

How is it that people were able to get it before it came out on the catalog?
thanks

Ugh!!! I have been staying up every Sunday until 3-4 a.m. continuously updated DS.com waiting for a new pin to be released!!!! Yesterday I had an extremely mentally exhausting day, I was very stressed and not in the best of spirits, so I didn't stay up! OF COURSE, they released this pin last night!?!? Just my luck, ha ha! :lol: Just made my bad day yesterday extend into today too! :sad: Oh, well I guess, it is just a pin, right!?! Good luck to all who were able to place an order, I hope you all get one! :x:

How is it that people were able to get it before it came out on the catalog?
thanks

This was literally just a guess based on when it's going to be released online in the UK. They announced it's going on sale in the UK on the 14th so we figured it would be released here on a Monday before that. As far as I know, DS.com normally updates with new items on Mondays at midnight PST so that's when I started checking.

As a matter of interest for us UKers,what was the cost o the pin on S US? The UK has it listed as £20 and using the current rate of 1.56, that makes it approx. $31.20 plus shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back