• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen OE Pins - DLP vs DLR/WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen OE Pins - DLP vs DLR/WDW?

Patrick

New Collector
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
This past week, I was fortunate enough to visit DLR in California (I live no where near the parks so I almost never get to purchase first hand) and noticed something strange about the open edition pins of Anna and Elsa. I have a very specific collection of pins that are standalone, meaning full body characters with no background. This also means I'm typically on the hunt for OE pins and care a little TOO much about differences between them ;) I also like to keep my Pinpics account up to date and accurate... which is where the problem with these four pins comes in.

• The OE Elsa pin I purchased at DLR was a slightly different color with more subtle glitter than the version I had previously. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the numbers on the back of each pin were different as well. Otherwise, they have the same screen printing and artwork. I did some digging on Pinpics but only came up with one pin that was released in 2014. (There is a pre-production of this pin as well, but I doubt I just bought that off the shelf last week :rofl:)
  • I also purchased an OE Summer Anna pin from DLR, which seems almost entirely identical to the DLP version aside from a small variance in her lips. However, this is a screen printed element and I know this can vary from pin to pin. There is smaller version of this pin released last year, however both pins I now own are the same size. There are also no numbers on the backs of these pins to distinguish them from one another. Similarly, I was unable to find the DLR version on Pinpics. Both versions were packaged with a backer card that made mention of their respective parks, so I know two versions of these exist.

Any thoughts? Should these be added to Pinpics?

IMG_2083_zpsgypkcizz.jpg
IMG_2086_zpsunodddtq.jpg

IMG_2084_zpsj3yvrpwh.jpg
IMG_2085_zpsfnvxeavm.jpg

Last edited:
As for the other Elsa , you could try adding that one . Personally I feel it's just a colour variation during production , I'd guess that specific pin has sold fairly well and has probably had plenty of printings , but the different code on the back is a different story . Maybe try adding those details to the current listing instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back