• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

FYI, Scrapper of: 2020 Hidden Disney Series 1 - Carnevale Masks - Maleficent

FYI, Scrapper of: 2020 Hidden Disney Series 1 - Carnevale Masks - Maleficent

TheMickeyMouseRules

Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
Sadly, found a scrapper/fake version of the 2020 Hidden Disney, Maleficent, Carnevale Masks this week. As the non-scrap version is one of my favorite pins ever, it struck a cord and I traded for the fake in order to have it to post this side by side comparison.

What I noted:
1) Fake had dips in the enamel.
2) Fake was shinier.
3) Fake feathers were cream colored (the real pin is yellow).
4) Fake colors were off. Purple had more red. Black looked deeper black (which might be due to shine).
5) Fake silver outline was thinner and cheaper looking.
6) Fake back post base was slightly smaller.
7) The waffle pattern is unevenly applied. This is especially noticeable around the eye holes where there is a definitely border to the waffle pattern.
8) The eye holes are bigger on the fake pin.
9) Heft (weight of pin) is roughly the same or the fake might be ever so slightly lighter.
10) Noise when dropped gently is identical to my ear. (ie, the fake does not have the tinny sound that fakes routinely have.)
11) Thickness: Fake might be ever so slightly thinner.
12) Overall the fake is just slightly bigger (height and width) than the real pin.

Pictures:
  • Top is fake
  • Bottom is legit pin
1000003415.png

• Top is fake
  • Bottom is legit pin
ei_1714255693362-removebg-preview (1).png

Last edited:
Back