• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Genie Chaser Puzzle Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genie Chaser Puzzle Pin

Spr175psu

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
So I posted about this pin in the Mail Days thread but thought that it was more suited here for discussion purposes. I just purchased a Genie chaser pin as part of the Aladdin character connection puzzle set recently released at the Disney Parks. When I received the pin last night, poor Genie didn't have any eyes. The seller assured me, without providing for a refund, that the pin was purchased while at Disneyland and was an authentic pin. After careful examination, I think I agree with him, that this is more in line with a Disney quality control error.

My question is two-fold: How valuable or worthless are these Disney error pins? Can they be considered an LE 1 - Genie Chaser sans eyes or should I just throw it in the trash and try to get another one to complete my collection?

I would appreciate any help since I am really torn as to how to feel about this.

genie%201_zpsftyxsnn9.jpg

genie%202_zpsxf6p117t.jpg

genie%204_zpspqk1vane.jpg

genie%203_zpsfpbnipwz.jpg

Some people collect error pins. Personally, I don't like them and replace them when I can.

Agreed with Jabberwocky. I wouldn't ever consider trashing it, even if error pins bother me as there would be someone out there who wouldn't mind it, whether they collect error pins or not. Plus, in this case it's LE600 - wouldn't want to make it LE599 now would we? ;)

Last edited:
Nah, don't trash it. Perhaps someone will like to buy it. But yes, I'd hunt down a correct version of the genie.

Can you notice this from the pictures the seller used? If not I would ask to return it. I definitely wouldn't throw it away as someone out there could be interested.

Thank you all for the responses! I really appreciate getting other opinions on this. I think I will keep him, even though Genie looks creepy without eyes (I probably shouldn't have taken or posted that closeup shot).

In hindsight, looking at the listing, I should have noticed it, but I chalked it up to poor lighting or some other reasonable justification. The seller actually refused to let me return it or provide a refund. So I will start looking to add a Genie with eyes to the collection. Thanks again, everyone, for the help and thoughtful responses!

Thank you all for the responses! I really appreciate getting other opinions on this. I think I will keep him, even though Genie looks creepy without eyes (I probably shouldn't have taken or posted that closeup shot).

In hindsight, looking at the listing, I should have noticed it, but I chalked it up to poor lighting or some other reasonable justification. The seller actually refused to let me return it or provide a refund. So I will start looking to add a Genie with eyes to the collection. Thanks again, everyone, for the help and thoughtful responses!

Did the description say the pin was new?

Nice to know I'm not the only one who thought he looked creepy with those pupil-less eyes! To be honest it looks like he's been possessed...:ugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back