• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Giselle Ptd, possible ebay scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giselle Ptd, possible ebay scam?

Princessdorothy

New DPF Member
Rating - 88.9%
16   2   0
Hello Disney Pin Forum I am in deep paranoia about this and need everyone and anyone's help
I bought a Giselle Pin trader delight from a ebay seller for what was a great price of 49.95$ when every other listing was 75 dollars and above. (Giselle ptd #1)
I then noticed that they re-listed the pin with the same price and same photo which already freaked me out after all this a higher end ptd. (Giselle ptd #2)
Shortly after I find out that a pin friend on instagram has ALSO bought one from them a few days BEFORE me (Giselle ptd #3)
Now her and I see that the same person has relisted the same pin but at a higher price (giselle ptd #4)
My pin has good weight to and everything seems to be fine with the exception of some un-smooth edges. (Best photos i could take posted below)
I do not want to leave feedback yet and say this person is selling fakes because I am not sure and any help would be great!
photo21.jpg

photo3.jpg
photo16.jpg

Last edited:
Update my pinfriend has noticed her's has a paint issue and has messaged the seller, they have told her that they have 5 giselle ptd's and that they ALL have defects.

So far as I've heard, there were no fakes/scrappers of this pin (yet). I remember hearing when that pin came out, that DSF went through a lot of pins in the same day (or weekend), so it wouldn't surprise me if someone had 5 or 10. I know people were asking strangers walking down Hollywood Blvd if they wanted a free ice cream (so they could get another pin) and I know some were bringing SUV-loads of kids/neighbors/family just to have more people with them to buy the ptds. Please correct me if I'm wrong - was this ptd sold at the same time that Vanellope #1 came out? Ariel? Flynn? something to that effect? Where they went through 300, then another 300, then another 300, etc... over the course of Friday through Sunday before they sold out completely.

As for quality control, lots of members here have complained about the quality control deteriorating. So.. paint flaws aren't necessarily a sign of a scrapper/fake.

If anyone can correct me, please do! I'd like to know if there are scrappers too! :)

So far as I've heard, there were no fakes/scrappers of this pin (yet). I remember hearing when that pin came out, that DSF went through a lot of pins in the same day (or weekend), so it wouldn't surprise me if someone had 5 or 10. I know people were asking strangers walking down Hollywood Blvd if they wanted a free ice cream (so they could get another pin) and I know some were bringing SUV-loads of kids/neighbors/family just to have more people with them to buy the ptds. Please correct me if I'm wrong - was this ptd sold at the same time that Vanellope #1 came out? Ariel? Flynn? something to that effect? Where they went through 300, then another 300, then another 300, etc... over the course of Friday through Sunday before they sold out completely.

As for quality control, lots of members here have complained about the quality control deteriorating. So.. paint flaws aren't necessarily a sign of a scrapper/fake.

If anyone can correct me, please do! I'd like to know if there are scrappers too! :)

I hope this is the case, i am not sure when it came out, but really pin traders where going to people on the street? Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope this is the case, i am not sure when it came out, but really pin traders where going to people on the street? Wow!

Yup, I think this was the time that they finally ran out of PTDs and DSF went for MONTHs without PTDs. (which made all/most of the PTD collectors angry). But they had all popular characters towards the end and people went crazy. It wasn't Mickey or another Fab-Fiver or Oogie Boogie. It was like having Rapunzel, Ralph, Ariel, and Kevin all at the same time that people basically gobbled them all up, and they had to change it to 1 per person instead of 2 per person and people were spending the night in the alley after DSF closed just to be first in line when it opened the next day.

It's not uncommon for one person to have multiples of the same pin. This came out the weekend of Ariel, mother gothel, Flynn, vanellope #1, taffyta, and others. I think sheriff of Nottingham came out that weekend too. Cuz if I'm not mistaken I was stuck in traffic going home and turned around to pick a friend up cuz he collects Robin Hood.

Giselle and Mother Gothel and vanellope #1 came out Sunday. Flynn was out Friday and Saturday. Taffyta Ariel and sheriff was out Saturday

At least the scales seem to be pointing more in favor of a legit pin. Do remove the ebay seller's name as it is against forum policy...

I will need to compare my Giselle but it looks fine to me. Borders are not uncommon on DSF pins for real ones.

Here's a checklist thread:
http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?36290-DSF-PTD-GSF-PTS-_-Checklist

As noted:

Flynn marked the release of the 3 day (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) release of constant collectors that stayed all day at DSF alley from open to close awaiting the next release.At the end of this 6 pin release, DSF ran out of PTD's. Collectors had to wait approximately 1 month until DSF new shipment.

I will need to compare my Giselle but it looks fine to me. Borders are not uncommon on DSF pins for real ones.

Here's a checklist thread:
http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?36290-DSF-PTD-GSF-PTS-_-Checklist

As noted:

Flynn marked the release of the 3 day (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) release of constant collectors that stayed all day at DSF alley from open to close awaiting the next release.At the end of this 6 pin release, DSF ran out of PTD's. Collectors had to wait approximately 1 month until DSF new shipment.

Thank you for checking! :)

It's not uncommon for one person to have multiples of the same pin. This came out the weekend of Ariel, mother gothel, Flynn, vanellope #1, taffyta, and others. I think sheriff of Nottingham came out that weekend too. Cuz if I'm not mistaken I was stuck in traffic going home and turned around to pick a friend up cuz he collects Robin Hood.

Giselle and Mother Gothel and vanellope #1 came out Sunday. Flynn was out Friday and Saturday. Taffyta Ariel and sheriff was out Saturday

I remember going back but I don't think it was that weekend. I think the weekend we went back it was Mike from Monster's Inc.

Back to original post, I agree with jazzy. It isn't unusual for a seller to have multiple items. The price isn't too bad. I remember them selling for $50 when they first came out, then it went down to $40, then $30, so $40-50 isn't too bad now.

Dips and other assorted issues are common with all Disney pins, even DSF ones.

Last edited:
I have had three legit Giselle PTDs. two of them had ugly paint dips. I think they all had slightly wonky borders. it happens. I dont doubt at all that someone could have 5 legit Giselle PTDs. the price had dropped down to like $30 for it a few months ago, so it would have been easy to scoop them up second-hand, too.

I remember going back but I don't think it was that weekend. I think the weekend we went back it was Mike from Monster's Inc.

Back to original post, I agree with jazzy. It isn't unusual for a seller to have multiple items. The price isn't too bad. I remember them selling for $50 when they first came out, then it went down to $40, then $30, so $40-50 isn't too bad now.

Dips and other assorted issues are common with all Disney pins, even DSF ones.

I have had three legit Giselle PTDs. two of them had ugly paint dips. I think they all had slightly wonky borders. it happens. I dont doubt at all that someone could have 5 legit Giselle PTDs. the price had dropped down to like $30 for it a few months ago, so it would have been easy to scoop them up second-hand, too.

Thank you everyone for reassuring me that it is not impossible for people to have many and my pin not being a scrapper i am very greatful

It seems that a lot of people were taking their prince Henry ptd's back cause paint and other issues yesterday. Or so they were posting online.

Hello, I just joined this forum because I came across this thread. I am sorry to inform you that I believe that your pin is indeed a scrapper.....I was looking at buying some PTD's on ebay as well and I found an Honest John PTD selling for 18 dollars... I couldn't believe that someone would be selling it for that cheap until I saw the back of the pin, Do you notice that the ice cream waffle print cuts off before reaching the end of the pin? This should not happen to the legit PTD pins, the waffle print should slide all the way off the pin without seeing a "cutoff" like it was made in a mold. Your pin is most likely a scrapper, which sucks because I thought PTD's were safe from scrappers but that is not the case anymore! Be careful buying PTD's off ebay now and make sure you check the back and make sure the waffle print does not stop before going off the pin!

Actually, the majority, if not all, of PTD pins have the ice cream cone print cut off before the edge of the pin. While a border on the back can signify counterfeit pins on things like hidden Mickeys and rack pins, they are entirely expected on PTDs. I'd be worried if a PTD *DIDN'T* have the border on it.

Honest John was a very, very unpopular PTD. It was high LE and not a very popular character, so it lasted for several weeks at DSF. People were buying it just to flip to the next PTD. So it is valued at and will be sold at or very close to cost. The same with Naveen, Chicken Little characters, most Muppets, etc.

That being said, there are a few that have known scrappers out there - Kermit and Zero are examples that are coming to mind. But I don't recall hearing scrapper notices for Giselle or Honest John.

So it is normal and not at all related to hidden mickey or rack pins for a PTD to have its border cut off? It just makes me hesitant because all the PTD's i own including Zero... have the cone waffle print flow off the pin.

So it is normal and not at all related to hidden mickey or rack pins for a PTD to have its border cut off? It just makes me hesitant because all the PTD's i own including Zero... have the cone waffle print flow off the pin.
Yes ... It's not uncommon
Below are some examples ... PTD pins purchased by me directly from DSSH

31F44C5C-81BC-4C46-B048-3627D71F7179_zpstum5agth.jpg

284AB12A-DAFB-4F28-8D4C-9FED67713F97_zps0yhejzr2.jpg

01C4E6D1-523E-48D1-A0F9-F58576B358C3_zpsyqxvhrrt.jpg

2A4AD855-E428-435B-B080-C661B28268E4_zps9eqriy0t.jpg

Yes, but I wanted to address the points that he/she brought up and correct the misinformation, to inform both the poster as well as others who may come across this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back