• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Gold on the High Seas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold on the High Seas!

Purplemandms

Like the candy!
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hello all! :wavey:

I'm gradually bringing myself off of lurker-status since I have a semester off from academics! (Although I do start a new exciting job tomorrow.) My family and I decided to celebrate getting halfway through my degree and take our first real vacation in about five years - a Disney Cruise! Now, I got a few tips from members on here about there being a special pin trading night - a night in which the Captains of the ship come out and trade with guests. So I packed some traders, found out when the event was, and showed up! But... no one prepared me for how awesome it would be!

tumblr_o6tw02kvnu1rdh3wyo1_1280.jpg

I ended up swapping all my traders out for the pins shown above! (Except for the Tink on the card, we got that from the store.) What's even cooler is that all the pins on the left are AP's! (Artist Proofs) I only own one other AP (a yellow macaroon HM) and I never thought I would ever have the privilege to own another. Now, I suddenly have 12 more! Plus, two of them are chasers (the Dumbo pin and the ALY droid pin) and another is a super chaser! (the "Mouse Droid"). Then I think 5 are LE's, one is an LR, and the others are OE's. (But the OE's have some of my favorite designs!)

Before I realized they were AP's though, I accidentally traded what I think was one away, but hopefully it found its way to a nice home. There were also some cast members from HKDL there who were trading out their annual passholder pins, and I was able to nab three cool ones. So overall, I feel as if I've struck gold!

One of my summer projects is to go through my pins and traders and kinda categorize them (and also sell some of my other Disney collectibles to help start a graduate school fund) so at this time I don't plan on doing much trading - but if any of these are your grails let me know and I'll see if we can work something out. ;) (You never know, so I thought I'd include a PSA, especially since I know that those chasers can be harder to come by. I'd love to help out in someone's search!)

I also wanted to do another little victory dance for a find at my local Disney store - an Ariel spectromagic pin in the clearance area - and another for finally getting my birds (minus the ducks) collection completed! (Thanks again speedwaystar!)

tumblr_o6tw02kvnu1rdh3wyo2_1280.jpg

Thank you for sticking with me through this little story and I hope that everyone has had some great trades/mail days as well. :)

:wavey:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back