• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Good Morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning!

Robin1025

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone!!

i am very new to the Disney pin craze! I've seen them numerous times and always checked them out, but just recently decided to get started! We just got a annual pass to Disneyland and live 40 miles away! We just moved to California from Wisconsin about a month ago too...so being so close to Disney is so cool!

i do have one quick question. The one pin my husband really wants (who's not quite as into this as me yet) is the Tomorrowland pin. I have been looking at them on eBay and would like to surprise him with one. I am looking at the Disney parks ones but I'm afraid to get a scrapper! Does $20(ish) sound about right for this pin, or too little?

Thanks!!

Good morning! And welcome to the world of pins! (I am very jealous of your annual pass status)

As for the Tomorrowland pin, there are several varieties, all which have various edition sizes/features. Here's a thread that outlines them all: http://disneypinforum.com/showthrea...ther-Tomorrowland-pin!&highlight=tomorrowland

I do not believe that there is a scrapper warning on any of them, and to me $20 certainly seems very reasonable for the Disney Parks one! (The OE one, I'm assuming.) I probably wouldn't go higher than $25, but that's just me. (And there are a variety of other options as well! Plus, someone on the thread might have one for sale/trade. Just ask around!)

Hope you have a wonderful time here. And if you have any questions, please let me know!

Howdy and welcome!! And welcome to California!! There is lots and lots of great information here and the members are fantastic!! Please check out the bulletin boards for tons of great info on pins and other Disney collectibles too! :wavey:

Thanks for the warm welcomes!! Is it weird that I feel kind of nervous about making my first trade? I was at Disneyland last weekend and was eyeing up cast members lanyards and such. I didn't really see anything that caught my eye though either. I'm just worried about trading my authentic pins and getting a scrapper too! I guess I'll just have to get over it!

Hi Robin! :wavey:

Welcome! I'm very new to Pin Trading as well and this forum has been a great place to learn. I hope you have fun!

Have you picked any particular themes or characters you want to collect? That's been the hardest part for me!

I havent decided on any themes yet...there's too many I like! I'm a princess fan (Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Frozen) but I feel like I should narrow it down more! I also like other random things! Have you figured out what themes you want to collect?

Hi Robin! :wavey:

Welcome! I'm very new to Pin Trading as well and this forum has been a great place to learn. I hope you have fun!

Have you picked any particular themes or characters you want to collect? That's been the hardest part for me!

"Life's full of tough choices, isn't it?" :)

I haven't settled on any particular area either. I, too, love all things princess, but I've been terribly nostalgic lately and seem to be liking the classic animated films. Also Walt himself, classic Mickey, Trains, Carousel, attractions, anniversary pins, holiday pins, Mother's Day pins, Father's Day pins, Best Quote pins, Castle pins, Epcot, MK, DLP and DL pins....so yeah, not much luck narrowing it down! lol And of course I'm totally smitten with ALL the LE pins that are selling for $200 or more. Champagne tastes on a beer budget.

Welcome to the forum! The tomorrowland pins are about $10-$20 depending on which style you were looking at. Good luck!

Hello and welcome! It's not at all weird to be nervous. I was too, at first! And sometimes you will meet people who are not so nice (like in any group) but for the most part you will meet people who are awesome. :)

Hello
Welcome to the forums :cheshire:
I'm not a big Tomorrowland fan but to each their own . If you look on the UK disney store site we have a couple of variations I'd be happy to get for you at cost .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back