• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Got a fake PWP key :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a fake PWP key :(

maxtrexmom

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I'm not really looking for comparison since I can definitely tell this one is bad, but I wanted to warn you guys since I'm sure a lot of us are wanting to collect these in preparation for the matching lock series coming out this fall. :( I got this one in the mail today from a trade(not w/ a DPF member):

FD1.JPG

It's red all over where is should be brown, and it's missing the little loop at the top. Here is how it should look according to Pin Pics...
pin81465

Pin 81465: WDW - PWP Key Collection - Dale
http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=81465&sid=7485.1374248783.v2

I also took a pic of the back, next to the Pluto pin from the same series that seems authentic. You can see the border and how the metal is very dull compared to the real one.
back.JPG

I contacted the trader and they have offered to return my pin. I am wondering if any of the others in the set have been faked since there are still some I want.

I got a fake Tinker Bell in this series before I found a real one. I got it on eBay and returned it to the seller, so I don't have pictures, but the yellow color was off (very green tint), a big paint dip, scratches on the metal and the enamel, and the back was similar to yours. My pin did have the loop, though.

oh.... Ok it was from a trade.. I was wondering how u got a fake PWP. now I get what you are saying... you didn't get a fake PWP... u traded for a fake PWP. sorry for the bad pin. If you already had one.. why did you not see the loop was gone on the trade you made? just a ?? not trying to b mean.

oh.... Ok it was from a trade.. I was wondering how u got a fake PWP. now I get what you are saying... you didn't get a fake PWP... u traded for a fake PWP. sorry for the bad pin. If you already had one.. why did you not see the loop was gone on the trade you made? just a ?? not trying to b mean.

It was a trade through Pin Pics, not in person, so I didn't see the pin til it came in the mail. Definitely wouldn't have traded for it in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back