• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Got this LE 50 off eBay and?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this LE 50 off eBay and?

PersinettePins

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi all!

So I got this LE 50 pin off eBay. It is from the Framed Family Pin Gathering Villains Set.

Pin 41664 WDW - A Family Pin Gathering - Disney Villains Large Framed Set (Captain James Hook) Anyone have it for comparison?

10447043_10203979472391268_956510776593359734_n.jpg
10402653_10203979472551272_3646197828570747318_n.jpg

The tiny post grips seem accurate for Disney. My concerns are: The dark purple in the hat is discolored, there are some gold flecks in his red jacket, the post does not appear original since I believe the framed set ones are shorter and this once is also all wonky, discolored gold back.

In the PinPics photo his hat does look a bit discolored as well though, so maybe just a factory thing?

My question is if everything looks legit? It not in the best condition so these things could just be it being a bit rough. I did know when purchasing it it wasn't mint and has some faults (like the pitting in the hat). I think I got a good deal on it for it being an LE 50 despite the flaws, I just want to make sure it is legit. Thanks!

I used to have this pin and yours looks pretty good to me.
The fact that it's discolored in the back also makes me think it's legit as I believe glue is used to adhere the pins in the frame.

I would guess the pin post broke off and was replaced. That semi-circle on the back would indicate something like a dremel was used to grind off the rest of a broken off post and accidentally touched the back of the pin there.

Hi,

I will try and get a picture of my one (front and back) posted tomorrow , I know main is good as I have just taken it out of the frame.

Questions: are the gold lines raised? what colour are his eyebrows black or gold and are they raised?

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back