• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Greetings from Singapore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings from Singapore!

Wannerzx

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, folks!

I'm Wannerzx from Singapore, but I was born in Hong Kong :> I'm not a collector of pins, but I would like to have a few. I adore Disney Classics and I dislike the new Disney stuff they're putting out nowadays - Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana, etc etc. I've been to Disneyland a few times. None here in Singapore, worst luck! o3o

Anyone wanna be friends? ^^ I'll probably need some help on this website as well!

I hope you all take care of me! \(^o^)

Aloha and Welcome! :wavey:

I think you'll definitely find plenty of friends here. If you ever have any questions about pins or pin trading, don't hesitate to ask them - I'm sure that someone (or several someones) will be happy to answer them for you! :)

Thank you very much everyone, for your kind words!! I hope I will be able to start an admirable pin collection! If I do, I'll be sure to tell you all! Thank you so much! ^^

I, too, started off thinking I wasn't going to be a pin collector since there was just a couple pins I wanted. Nearly a year later, I've crossed over and become both a pin collector and trader. I had a couple friends in Singapore before when I was active at MUA. I'm sure you won't have any trouble making friends here.
Welcome to the DPF!

Thank you very much! I'm sorry for my late replies as I'm quite busy this year. I discovered browsing through Disney pins to be quite relaxing and enjoyable, and my interest was piqued. The trouble is that Singapore doesn't have even a Disney store selling pins, much less a Disneyland! Disappointing information for me, I suppose I can only purchase from here then :> What are the most common pins? I was thinking of getting them before hounding down the rare ones! Thank you for the remarkable kindness and welcome you all have shown me!

Before I forget, there are some questions I'd like to ask!

1) Is there a kind of unwritten rule about pins? For example, in the beginning I thought that people bought them to pin onto clothing and so on, or use them as accessories, but it seems that majority of pin collectors actually keep their pins in frames and special pin bags. So is there an unwritten rule like "Never use your pins as accessories"?

2) What is considered a pin? I've seen pins in Hong Kong Disneyland of Tinkerbell, where she is carrying a jar full of glitter. Tinkerbell herself is a flat badge, but the jar is dangling from a chain in her arms and it's a real jar full of real glitter, so in a sense it's 3D. Is that a pin, or a brooch or something?

Thank you! I really appreciate your helping a newbie like me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back