• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GSF/DSS Maleficent pin release questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSF/DSS Maleficent pin release questions...

disneypinqueen

~Villainous Diva~
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm planning on attending the Maleficent pin release, and I'm a total noobie at an event like this... any suggestions or helpful hints would be appreciated! I'm getting nervous about going, but I have to suck it up for my favorite character, Maleficent! What should I expect, what time should I be there and be safe to get a wristband (I won't be camping out overnight), where should I park... stuff like that. EEK!

Thanks for your help!
~ Sabrina

Ok, here is the the important info you need to know:

https://m.facebook.com/DisneyStudio...17/750176888367083/?type=1&source=46&refid=17

Just need to be there by 4:30 to gautentee your spot in the raffle to win a chance to buy a set. If you are not in line by 4:30 to get a wristband you will be out of luck. I reccomend you get there between 3:30-4:00 am. Give yourself enough time to park and walk over to GSF. The best place to park is at the mall across the street. There is usually a lot of construction around the area and sometimes surprise traffic in the area so give yourself enough time; when I use to go, I use to always see people who are a minute late who missed out.

people line up on the side of the building and it usually extends to the alley in back. There are tons of people and a police presence across the street so I felt relatively safe. You can find pics of past releases on this site. The only thing you have to watch out for are some of the overly aggressive buyers who can get a bit pushy. Reccomend meeting up with some if the friendly people who are going from DPF. I was planning in going but have a thing I can't get out of. Good luck, have fun!

Last edited:
Gets breezy in the early morning... A warm hoodie works nice...

Starbucks is across the street at either corner...LOL...

Bring a pin book for trading...

Best of luck getting your pins...

I agree with MAL on parking. The best place is across the street in the Dolby Theater parking lot. Make sure you get your parking ticket validated inside the store before you go back to your car. Maximum parking fee is $13.00/24 hours. Don't park on the street as police are quick to give out parking tickets. Better to pay for parking in the lot.

As far as coffee goes, I think Starbucks opens at 6 am. Not sure though, so if someone knows it opens earlier, please post.

Last edited:
Well at least it looks like you don't have to show up Friday to get a voucher and then come back again on Saturday! Am I reading the rules correctly that the line to buy Maleficent pins and the PTD line are one and the same?? I hope they don't release a PTD that I really need...

Like others said go early, bring a pin book to trade in line, wear comfy layered clothes because its kinda cold in the mornings but it heats up a bit, a chair would be good but not a big one, bring a friend with you especially since its your first time, bring some snacks and maybe some water or an energy drink/coffee, and come with a positive attitude cuz unfortunately there are a lot of grumpy people that early in the morning lol. Good luck I might see you there :).

Yep, everyone has said everything that can be said. Oh, and don't forget to say hello! See that Pinfit logo in my sig? If you see a guy wearing a button with that on it, good chances that is me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back