• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Have I been scammed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I been scammed?

mrsgeek

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I reached out to initiate a trade with a user on PinPics; she was super friendly and very responsive as we worked out the details of the trade...right up to the moment where I put hers in the mail.

About a day before her pin arrived at her house, I reached out again asking if she'd had time to put mine in the mail. She responded quickly to that message saying she would do so the next day and give me my tracking number.

That was 3 days ago.

I reached out again yesterday asking whether or not she'd managed to get it in the mail.

I thought maybe she just doesn't check her email/Pin Pics often...but she's had the time to update her Pin Pics Profile with the pin I sent her (moving it from 'Want' to 'Own').

Have I been scammed? If so, how do I go about reporting her?

If she's honestly just scatterbrained and does eventually mail it to me, I don't want to call in the "big guns" prematurely, as it were. But at the same time...I'd like my pin, please!

What would y'all do?

Sometimes traders wait to receive a pin before sending out, however, if they intend to do that, they should inform you first. From my point of view, it can dampen a pin trading relationship when people behave in that way, and it does make me think twice about trading with that person again. Hopefully your pin will arrive soon, and you can put it down to this sort of thing, rather than a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back