• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Have you ever boughten more than one of the same pin/ pin set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever boughten more than one of the same pin/ pin set?

kidup

What's your damage?
Rating - 100%
34   0   1
I've never done this and always wonder the people that do :) Do you usually buy the set for trade? sell? :p I just can't ever see myself buying two of one set. Idk why lol

Often time, I find myself looking for pins, such as Maleficent, that I can only trade for pins of the same theme/character. Say someone has a Maleficent pin I want, and I ask what they are looking for, they'll tell me they are looking for other Maleficent pins. If I only bought one of a particular pin, that means it will be in my collection, and I won't of any of that character to trade. So that's the reason I purchase extras of some pins.

I have bought multiple of certain pins due to me being there when the pins were released or found some rare-ish pins that I can use for traders. thats about it really but it depends what exactly the pin is of.

I sometimes buy for traders since I mainly collect Alice and those of us who collect Alice have the same pins I have. This way I can trade other characters for what I need or want. Also gives your traders some variety. I've also bought a set and then decided I didn't like it very much and so I trade it or sell it. So yes, sometimes I buy two - one to keep and one to trade.

I only buy quantities (DLP & UK) for the benefit of other members on these boards. My collection is mainly CL & HM pins with the PoH sets as a side. I fortunately have a good friend who will get the Film History pins when they are released - living the "wrong" side of the pond doesn't help!!

Although I haven't bought them, I do keep trading for the same pins over and over as I am having great luck getting some of my hard to find pins with them. All the Tangled pins have really helped me get some great pins! :)

Yep, all the time. I like to have extra's to trade.

Although I plan on getting multiple's of the POMH for Cinderella because that is my favorite movie and I want as many different backgrounds as I can get. These I won't be trading! Lolol

Vicki

I sometimes buy "extras" for Trading. Especially if you can keep track of the stuff DS.com has during the pin sale(s) you can end up with some good Traders for all parties involved.

Mike S.

Yeah. I always notice the Best time to buy traders is whenever ds.com has a pin sale since u can get low le pins for a good price.

Every time I buy an extra for trading, it turns out to be a pin that is not wanted. However, sometimes I accidentally buy extras of a pin, and those end up trading well. I am going to attempt to purchase some extras for trading when I go to WDW in May. We'll see what happens.

I remember passing on many pins that became really HOT lol I only bought one for my collection, never thinking of using another for trading purposes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back