• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Having trouble finding on pinpics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having trouble finding on pinpics.

Matty

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey! I am adding some pins my gf gave me from when she went to Disney. I can't seem to find them. All of them were traded with cast members so I am pretty sure they are authentic.

Thanks for the help!

45988c8bb5d0e0c34c878a0b0a29efeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piglet looks like it might be 18955 and pooh looks like 1479. I couldn't find Boo either. Are there any clues on the back (like the year or a number stamped) to help identify?

I also could not find Boo. :dunno: But you should be wary when trading with cast members, only because of Disney's policy to trade for any pin which has "Disney" marked on the back. There are many people - unfortunately - who purposefully trade counterfeit pins with cast members to get real pins, since they know the cast member will not refuse the trade. Cast members will often end up with fake pins on their lanyard because of this (and they can't always identify a fake pin). I always ask to see the pin, turn it over, look for any sign it might be a fake before I offer to trade...not that that's foolproof, but it can help.

The Boo pin looks like it's this one (I just searched 'boo monster').

pin15805

Pin 15805
Boo Sitting from Monster's Inc

I have a boo pin that looks super similar. Probably same one actually. It's super close to

Pin 10030 Disneyland Paris - Monsters Inc. (Boo Sitting)

Except the fact the name Boo is in the corner. If you find the pinpics let me know! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you PinPics search it seems to ignore words of 3 letters or less hence Boo returns multiple results . So try searching something else , like Unibear did by adding Monsters , you'll narrow the numbers down drastically

When you PinPics search it seems to ignore words of 3 letters or less hence Boo returns multiple results . So try searching something else , like Unibear did by adding Monsters , you'll narrow the numbers down drastically

Actually, the PinPics search is a bit odd in that it doesn't search for the word 'boo' all by itself. Instead, it searches for any word that has the letters 'boo' in it. So, you're also getting words like 'boogie' (like Oogie Boogie), 'booth', 'Naboo', 'book', 'booster', etc. etc. etc. So, you are getting a HUGE list when you pick a single word.

I learned this early on when I wanted to search for 'Si' and 'Am'. With 'Am', I was getting 'enamel', 'america', 'camp', 'Hamm', etc. etc. etc. (I just looked and 'am' returns a list of 55,719 entries; almost half of ALL entries!!).

it's pin#15805 look up boo blue rug. It's amazing what you have to do to find some pins on pin pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back