• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartbroken

Abyssinian28

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
This is going to sound like such a whiny post, so forgive me in advance...

I am heartbroken. The flyer for Paris just dropped, and they're not having a PTN in March on the usual day. Instead, they opted for a day event a week earlier. That means all my planning just blew up in my face.

I even stretched out our stay in Paris to try and hit it.

My one chance, and it's gone.

I've booked for that same weekend and I'm upset it's all different. I wish it was easy to plan further ahead.

However, don't be tooo down about it. There is a LE release that day so make sure you try get a ticket for that (I can help you on what you need to do if you need it), but what that usually means is that on Saturday and Sunday around Pueblo's trading post, you'll find people set up on the picnic tables outside most of the day with the folders and collections ready for you to trade. So while it won't be a PTN, you'll still be able to do some trading. I'll be there and it would be lovely to meet up and see if there's some trading we can do and I can help you with where everything is and how it all works at DLP :)

I've booked for that same weekend and I'm upset it's all different. I wish it was easy to plan further ahead.

However, don't be tooo down about it. There is a LE release that day so make sure you try get a ticket for that (I can help you on what you need to do if you need it), but what that usually means is that on Saturday and Sunday around Pueblo's trading post, you'll find people set up on the picnic tables outside most of the day with the folders and collections ready for you to trade. So while it won't be a PTN, you'll still be able to do some trading. I'll be there and it would be lovely to meet up and see if there's some trading we can do and I can help you with where everything is and how it all works at DLP :)

Thanks so much- you're so kind. I'm sorry your trip got messed up, too.

I had already built my bags and everything, but now, I'm thinking if I take one at all, I should just take one, instead of the 2 and a half I had been planning. I guess that means we'll have an extra day in the parks...

I'm very sorry to hear that. That's quite disappointing! I hope that there's a chance you'll be able to attend one sometime in the future.

844b344d07b0ed22baa9fa6c66c3138e.jpg

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interested in hearing about your trip and how it all worked out. I would also like to go to
DLP and attend a PTN, but it sounds like getting in is more difficult now that they have the
lineberty thing. :)

I am interested in hearing about your trip and how it all worked out. I would also like to go to
DLP and attend a PTN, but it sounds like getting in is more difficult now that they have the

The PTN is easy to attend when they're on - anyone can attend and you don't need a ticket to get into the PTN as they're usually at one of the Disney hotels. This month is different as they're doing a Pin Trading Day in the park.

The Linebery system is for buying any LE pins on the day they release them :) It is tricky and pure luck if you get a ticket or not.

It's like they knew you were coming and wanted to make it right! I once signed up for the lineberty out of curiosity and it seemed like a pretty easy system. You just have to be able to navigate in basic French.

So the PTN's don't use the lineberty sign up?

How does the lineberty work when you are trying to get LEs?
No...the PTN is turn up, get a wrist band, have some fun trading then your wrist band let's you buy the PTN pins when the start selling them at around 6pm.

Lineberty essentially is a virtual queue. Tickets S released 2 days before release day at 6pm. If you're successful in getting a ticket you've got a specific time to go to the location of the LE pin sale. When it's your time you get a notification to go and make your purchase and they check off you're ticket on the app. If you don't get a ticket then no LE pins until later in the day when they put them on general sale if there are any left.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's like they knew you were coming and wanted to make it right! I once signed up for the lineberty out of curiosity and it seemed like a pretty easy system. You just have to be able to navigate in basic French.

I KNOW, RIGHT?

Not as good as a PTN, but the next best thing! And it will probably increase the number of traders to trade with that day! I know a lot weren't coming on the 30th because the were trying for this on the 23rd instead, and they couldn't do both. Hopefully, a lot of them can switch, if they didn't commit too hard to the 23rd.

I had a little dance party a few hours ago...lol

People like Stewbaws and other frequent attendees could probably help more than I ever could, but I'll definitely write up a trip report when I come back. Can't help with PTN, obviously, but everything else is fair game for a write up!

You could practice this Thursday. I have succeeded both time on my trip to Paris. 500 tickets should be easier than 350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People like Stewbaws and other frequent attendees could probably help more than I ever could, but I'll definitely write up a trip report when I come back. Can't help with PTN, obviously, but everything else is fair game for a write up!
Have an amazing time while you're there. I know it wasn't the trip for which you were hoping, but I'm sure you're still having a fabulous time (how can you not, it's Disney?) I'm definitely looking forward to reading your trip report. It has been more years than I care to admit since I've gone to DLRP and I'm really excited to hear (read) about how much the parks have changed - and how much fun you had!

Wished I was there and could trade with you, was planning attending the princesses release but my health is stopping me going :( Would have loved to trade you for your Frozen cluster lol

Wished I was there and could trade with you, was planning attending the princesses release but my health is stopping me going :( Would have loved to trade you for your Frozen cluster lol

Sorry to hear about your health!

I'm currently packing like a mad woman, and the pin bags are definitely starting to be a weight concern. The only WDI pins going might be the ones specifically requested by traders...

What's your Pinpics?

I'm currently packing like a mad woman, and the pin bags are definitely starting to be a weight concern. The only WDI pins going might be the ones specifically requested by traders...
I'm also so horribly sorry about your health @mickeymousje and I hope you're feeling better soon.

As far as packing your pin bags, @Abyssinian28 have you considered not checking them and keeping them with you in either your carry on or personal item? Yea, it won't be fun lugging that much weight through the airport (and you'll almost certainly be pulled aside for additional screening), but on the plus side:

-unless something has changed, I don't think airlines weigh carryon bags, so you shouldn't have to worry as much about the weight (just carrying it)

-your pin bags will be with you at all times, making it much harder for someone official with (shall we say?) sticky fingers to help himself/herself to something shiny from a bag that would otherwise be unattended and could be inspected at any time (yep, this is personal experience talking; I didn't lose pins, but I wouldn't wish that awful experience of opening a bag and realizing something is missing on anyone - especially when the airline can't or won't help afterwards)

As far as packing your pin bags, @Abyssinian28 have you considered not checking them and keeping them with you in either your carry on or personal item?

YES, this. I've flown with pins to both Florida and Europe, and always put them in my carry-on. I like having them where I can keep an eye on them, and any of the airports near a Disney park will be very familiar with pins and extra screening would just be opening your binders to show security that's what they are.

I'm also so horribly sorry about your health @mickeymousje and I hope you're feeling better soon.

As far as packing your pin bags, @Abyssinian28 have you considered not checking them and keeping them with you in either your carry on or personal item? Yea, it won't be fun lugging that much weight through the airport (and you'll almost certainly be pulled aside for additional screening), but on the plus side:

-unless something has changed, I don't think airlines weigh carryon bags, so you shouldn't have to worry as much about the weight (just carrying it)

-your pin bags will be with you at all times, making it much harder for someone official with (shall we say?) sticky fingers to help himself/herself to something shiny from a bag that would otherwise be unattended and could be inspected at any time (yep, this is personal experience talking; I didn't lose pins, but I wouldn't wish that awful experience of opening a bag and realizing something is missing on anyone - especially when the airline can't or won't help afterwards)

Yeah, I do have them in the carry-on (I would never check them, for the exact reasons you mention). But we're flying Norwegian, and they do, indeed, have weight restrictions on your combined carry-on/personal item weight. And it's not very much, either.

That said, opinions are split online about whether or not they actually check those weights. Some flyers say they've never seen them checked. Others have said that on specific or full flights they'll weigh them.

We might just have to gamble on them.

What's your Pinpics?

My health keeps bugging me, but the saddest makes me I won’t be able to meet a fellow DPF member :)

My pinpics is mickeymousje (same as my username) but don’t have a lot to trade right now :(
But maybe in the near future :)

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back