• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All

Dopey3308

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am new to pin collecting/trading. I stared a few weeks ago and I am really enjoying it. However I was wondering is there an good stratagy to collecting? Also how do I go about finding what pins make complete sets? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Have a wonderful day!

Hello! And welcome to Disney Pin Forum. It's great times here, and we hope to see you around! If you ever have a question, please let us know and we'll be glad to help. In the mean time, what do you collect and what drew you to pin trading?

Aloha and welcome to pin trading its loads of fun and the forum helps whenever you need some info.
Maybe we can trade sometime

Brandon

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site.

As for your questions, a great starting place would be to check out the site PinPics, a large database where you can find out all about pin sets, add your Owns / Trades, and figure out your Wants. Once you register there, you can add your PinPics ID to your profile here so the members can see if they have any matches with you for potential trades.

Strategy really varies from person to person. Have a look around the forum, and you'll start learning all about how different traders value pins (eBay price, PinPics Wants:Trades ratio, etc.), how to avoid buying scrappers, and much more. I hope that helps!

Hola and welcome to DPF! :)

Anytime you have a question, please feel free to ask. There's a ton of really nice and patient traders here who are willing to impart their pin knowledge on others. I've learned alot from people on here.

As far as your question about what makes a set, sometimes PinPics has it listed as well. Once you have your ID set up on there, it becomes a lot easier to keep track of what pins you want, need, or desire. :)

Hi! I have was drawn to pin trading because of my love for disney and my need for a hobby! I started by buying a couple of 25-50 lots off of ebay. From that I started to realize that there aren't just random pins but they make up sets. So now I am trying to comeplete some of the sets that i have started. Somehow I have gravitated towards muppets for now but the more pins the better!!

Welcome to DPF! I second the suggestion of using PinPics. There you can see the complete sets of pins and that should help you organize and figure out what you still need. Ultimately its about collecting what makes you happy!

Welcome to pin trading :) ive recently got back into it from about 2 years off....so happy im back! You come across some lovely people with memories that will last ages :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back