• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello and Looking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and Looking for help

LuckyDawg

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I recently have decided to collect Disney Pins. We started by getting 100 of the generic trading pins off of ebay for our trip to Disney world. Our first thought was to have these pins for the kids so that they can trade for pins at the parks. The kids really enjoyed this and we started seeing some really nice pins that the wife and I liked. And so it began. We have went to Disney World two times and we have taken in a nice little haul. So far I have collected all of the spectromagic piece of history pins that have come out to date. These are my favorites so far. I actually traded for two of them while at the park to a fellow collector. She explained what she could about the hobby and was very helpful. In all the hype while we were there about the lion king puzzle pieces, I decided to pick up 4 of the packs. I was really excited when I opened the last pack and it was the Mufasa chaser pin. While we were here we also collected a few of the other limited edition pins.

Here is where we need a little help. We both enjoy the haunted mansion pins but we are trying to figure out how we should go about starting collecting these pins? We picked up as any of them as we could while we were there but would like to get more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to meeting everyone here and hope to learn a lot from everyone.

There are a LOT of haunted mansion pins, you will have no trouble finding more. You can trade for them, or search ebay as you can often find pins there for decent prices. Or get a few every time you go to the park ... or do all 3 haha ;)

Just as an FYI.

Most of the pins sold on ebay, especially ones sold in large lots (50, 100) tend to be considered 'scrappers' or counterfeit pins. They are simply low quality pins.
It's not necessarily illegal to buy or trade these pins, and I don't think a Cast Member has ever said no to a trade, but a lot of traders recognize them as improper.

Although, a lot of people just starting out didn't know better, myself included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back