• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello DPF! Newbie Introduction:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello DPF! Newbie Introduction:

AmySchweppe

Adventure is out there!!!
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hey All!

My name is Amy and I am new to the DPF! I am twenty five years old and am from Santa Ana, CA. I work at the Apple Store and attend college. These past two and a half years have been the hardest in my life since my father passed away. Pin trading has opened a new window to my life that has been enjoyable and exciting.

My husband, Grant, and I have been pin trading for the past year and a half. We started off with the basic hidden mickey sets and now bring our pin books to the park to trade with others. My first event was for the Soda Fountain for the Nightmare Before Christmas event. I met so many wonderful and amazing people. Crystal was the person who told me about this site and now I am here writing my first post.

Pin trading really has helped me with my medical condition of being bipolar depressed. I have kept it to myself for the past six months and I would have to say thanks to pin trading it has helped me look forward to something. I have met amazing people, seen pins I never have seen before and made friendships I hope to keep a lifetime. I am still a newbie at pin trading but I feel like I have found a community I want to be apart of and hope to grow with it. I try to go to disneyland as often as possible so it gets me out of the house. I really have no idea what my life would be like if I didn't have something that was so supportive for me to just be myself and not be judged.

I am a huge fan of collecting Stitch pins. I have a little collection on my board at home but I hope to keep growing it with time.

I collect: Stitch, Daisy Duck, Bambi, Dumbo, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast & anything else that catches my eye.
My husband collects: Anything Pixar. His favorites would be Monster's Inc and Toy Story.

I am looking forward to meeting and chatting with other pin traders. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I hope to get to know you all better throughout time. xoxo.

Last edited:
Hi there, my name is dawn, my friends call me dawny (its a jersey thing) i am also new here and fairly new to pin trading and absolutly LOVE it. I collect anything within the 50 animated feature films...and some mary poppins and song of the south. Hope to chat and trade with you.

Hey Amy, Nice to have meet you at the park today. Im sure i can help you out on your stitch collection as i have a few extras on my hands. Hope to trade with you in the near future.

Hello Amy! It was great meeting you at the park today. Pin trading is so much fun! I hope we see you around more often. :)

Welcome to pin trading! I am sorry about the loss of your father, but I am glad you discovered a new hobby to help you get your mind off of things. Hope to see you around the park

Thanks everyone for all the welcomes! I am starting to feel more and more like a regular on here lol. I love the chatroom! It has been a great experience so far. I hope to get to know all of you more throughout time. xoxo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back