• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello Everyone. Newbie Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone. Newbie Here.

xxzombiedollxx

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the community but have been silently collecting now for about a year, but I am really new to trading, as I have only done a couple trades in the park (I am shy). I'm a graduate student in American Studies at CSUF and bought my first annual pass when I moved down here to go to school in 2012. My brother introduced me to pin trading and I told myself, "there is a paper here." So I began to ponder the different ways to write about pin trading. As luck would have it, I am taking a class that has allowed me to do just that.

I have been doing research on the history, and I just attended my first Pin Trading Night last month. I hope to write about about my experiences, and hopefully, a few of yours too. What I hope to capture is more than the history, it is the community that I am searching for--the shared experiences between traders. Before I began researching on this board, i had no idea what "zapping" was, and I also noticed that people actually care about their fellow traders, and there is more here than just pin trading--that is what I hope to capture and write about in this project.

My former Deluxe pass expired and now that they have increased their prices, I had to settle for the SoCal pass, which blocks me out of Saturday visits and most of the Summer. So I plan to do a lot of Disneyland visits between now and then and hope to meet a few of you too.

As a newbie to trading, I would love to hear your stories, and also have list of questions, if anyone can help me out, please let me know!

Welcome to DPF! I think it's really cool what your doing. Pin trading in itself involves this huge sub culture that you can only understand when you're a part of it. Best of luck in your research & happy trading! :)

Hello and welcome, and good luck with your paper! If ever you have any questions don't hesitate to post them on the forum. I'm sure someone will be able to answer them for you :)

Hello! Welcome to the forum!! My name is Jenna! I can answer some questions if you want me too! :D

Let me know if you need anything / have any questions! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back