Hello From Cali

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sami, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Sami

Sami Active Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Hi everyone! My name is Sam, also go by Sami... I live in the Los Angeles area. I've been pin trading here and there for a bit but recently my family decided to get AP's this year so we've decided to start family pin trading. Hope to maybe see a few of you at DLR and DCA, and lean some new things from other pin traders!

2. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    253   0   0

Welcome:wavey:

3. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

Hello and welcome!

4. Sami

Sami Active Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

It's cool that the first to replies are in SoCal too!! *waves*

5. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Hi and Welcome! Are you a Cheshire Cat fan by chance?

6. Sami

Sami Active Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Haha, yes I love Cheshire in all his many forms. :D

7. vans4bkah

vans4bkah Member

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0

Welcome! Do you have a PinPics account, for trading?

8. Sami

Sami Active Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I just opened a PinPics account SamiDL, still updating it very very slowly. :p Since I started reading more on the forums I started a 'DoomBoard' of any scrappers and fakes that have been picked up (trying to show my mom and sister the easy things to spot). After I finish the 'DoomBoard' I'll probably spend a bit more time on my PinPics account. I haven't actually traded with anyone outside of a few friends and CM's at the parks. I thought it would be better to be part of a community first and learn from other traders and hobbyists (I was unaware of these "Sharks" till I started reading the forum).

9. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Hello Sam and welcome to the forum!

10. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Welcome Sami! I have to call you that now as I'm a fan of the show Supernatural and that's what one of the main characters calls his brother.
    I'd be interested in your "Doomboard" as I'm still learning how to spot fakes/scrappers myself.

11. Sami

Sami Active Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I love supernatural, I haven't stayed too current with the newer episodes but it's an awesome show and the anime is cool. I think I'll post a picture of the "DoomBoard" when it's finished I've been trying to get the real one and the fake side by side, makes its easier to see the difference. My sister just turned 13, she gets more upset when she gets a fake than I do (really little kids ask me to trade so I end up with fakes and scrappers >.> but they seems so happy when get get a shiny real one), so I want to give her a decent reference to check all her pins back to, when we get home and so she can see the ones she doesn't want to pick up.

12. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    207   0   0

Welcome!

13. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Oh cool! I'm waiting for the next season to pop up on dvd, I usually rent the entire seasons from my library. I'll keep an eye out for your DoomBoard, I agree that it's easiest to spot fakes/scrappers by doing a side by side comparison.

14. pins4twin

pins4twin Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Welcome to the pin forum!

15. tiggermickey

tiggermickey DPF Correspondent DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    1591   0   0