• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello, World !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, World !

iXce

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings everyone !

I'm so glad to finally be able to write over here, after weeks of weird registration issues :)

I'm a fairly young pin trader (my girlfriend started collecting in January and I think I really got into it in April) living close to Disneyland Paris. In less than a year it went from something I was almost thinking was useless to a full hobby :) It's not just about these little things we collect, it's also about all these super kind people one can meet at the trading events and online :) So what's more logical than to join this forum ? :)

I have a tiny personal collection, with a few Dug (from Up!) and Little Green Men/Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast pins, but I'm heavily involved in the collections my girlfriend does, which are Rapunzel, Ariel, Belle, Frozen, Up! and the Lion King. I recently got my personal grail, the Christmas Presents Dug (which is currently my avatar) and I'm super happy about it :bigthumb:

In "real life" I'm a computer guy, I'm currently working towards a PhD thesis in Computer Vision (getting machines to understand all these images and videos we produce) and I *love* developing software/building websites and all that. I also have another very time consuming hobby which is 3D printing, but that's another story.

Hope we'll have nice discussions :)

You live near Disneyland Paris?? I am so jealous! I am currently in my 4th year of French, & it's my PASSION! Sounds amazing. Anyways, I'm new here too!

Welcome iXce and PrincessBelle. I'm new here myself (just joined a few days ago), and only started collecting pins this past spring during Star Wars Weekends at DHS. My collection is still quite small, but I've met quite a few nice people and cast members at WDW just talking about pins. The community here seems quite friendly and there are loads of helpful tips and information on these forums.

-George

Hello and welcome to you all! I think you're super lucky to live close to a Disney park and I hope you will enjoy getting to know people from across the world here and learning lots about this great new passion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back