• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help are these real or fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help are these real or fake

Damiens pins

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Hi there I won these on ebay last week I got them all for £22 i received them today and the pins have marks on and the figment has a really big dip on his bottom and the gold has started coming off the back of the pin I know they where cheap but they had the pinpics photo and info do you think I should keep them or send them back or ask for some money back please help many thanx Damien any way here they are
image_zps5c9b7642.jpg

image_zpsb43e1673.jpg

image_zpsf694fb02.jpg

I know the figment has been faked. On others I've seen the colors have been off. Not sure about the other two. Hope that helps :)

That's a very low price imo, for those three. I know you should be careful with WDI pins, there have been fakes a lot. That being said, I'm not that good in recognising fakes, apart from the obvious ones. Did you read the seller's feedback? Or did you Google them? IMO, if a price seems too good to be true, it is.

Here's what I wrote about that Figment pin on another forum. I have both a fake and authentic version of the pin.

Now, I know being on-card, in-the-wrapper doesn't guarantee it's authenticity, however I do have a scrapper version of this pin to compare it to. The differences are definitely noticeable! On the scrapper: the eyes are slightly more greenish, the orange on Figment's tail and wings is duller, and many of the lines are significantly thicker. Also the metalwork of the scrapper is a very yellow golden colour, while the genuine pin is still yellow, but a bit more on the silvery side.

I should really get around to posting pics of a side-by-side comparison for this pin. It's really too bad there are a lot of fakes of it on eBay. :(

Thanx everyone my friend Donna from on here had won some of these wdi pins and they are all fine and I've checked the description of the fake figment and mine isn't like it at all the previous owner didn't look after them very well so a few marks on them but I'm now satisfied that they are all ok thanx again for your help

In my opinion the figment is a fake. It may just be the colours on your photo, but it seems to have a two tone purple. It may be that they bought the figment pin as a scrapper and did not realise. There have been so many fakes of figment that is why i would be so wary of that one.

Wow! I collect these and I've never seen them for that price before. £22 for all three is very cheap. I usually pay about £25 for them on there own (when I do purchase them, which I try not to do!)

I have the Figment and the Donald ones in my own collection.

I'm not very good at spotting scrappers, sorry I cant be much help.

-Charlie

They where just over £5 each and seller has 100% good feedback I think its just the photo not taken very well as it's all the same colour on the figment thanx for all your help

Hard to tell. Lots of buyers leave positive feedback, because they aren't aware of the fakes. They look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back