• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help finding these pins please? Gold Mickey and Cast D pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help finding these pins please? Gold Mickey and Cast D pins.

heyyouwannatrade

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I have a few pins I am trying to find on pinpics. I am assuming that the 3 Cast big D pins are all fakes? Anyone have any info?

The gold mickey one is kind of large and quite heavy. It is a brooch style and it moves at the waste so he could lean downward or up. Has the copyright Disney in the center. I took a pic of the back so you can hopefully see what I mean.

Thanks so much any help! :)

102_2063.jpg

102_2064.jpg

Are there any backstamps or hallmarks on the back of the D Pins? If there are, tell me what they say and I can tell you if they are real or not.

Thanks so much for the reply.

Alright, they ALL 3 have the copyright Walt Disney Productions on the bottom of the banner part.

Here is a picture of the Ambassador one on the back. As you can see part of it has I guess rubbed off but it says (WS?) Meyer Inc and New York under that.

102_2065.jpg

The Host one says the same. The Hostess is missing that part.

Thanks again! :)

With those details, I can tell you they are genuine pins from WDW. The N. S. Meyer Company of New York made then for Disney back in the 1980's. Some years ago, they dumped dozens and dozens of these pins from their surplus, unused stock (ones that never made it to WDW) into the secondary market. Given that fact, they are usually quite easy to find, sometimes even with the original N.S. Meyer cardboard backer. They usually sell for around $25 on average. The Disneyland versions of these pins are vastly more rare, and command ten times that price.

Here's a picture of the backer card...

nsmeyer.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the info! I sure appreciate it. I was not sure what to make of these!

Do you happen to know the pinpics #'s for these 3?

Also, anyone able to find that Mickey one or is it not on pinpics yet?

Thank you so much for the info! I sure appreciate it. I was not sure what to make of these!

Do you happen to know the pinpics #'s for these 3?

Also, anyone able to find that Mickey one or is it not on pinpics yet?

I can't find Mickey either. Feel free to make an entry, its fun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back