• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help with pin 59038

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help with pin 59038

gbdb4ever

Greg and Debby
Rating - 100%
384   0   0
We have just received the following DLRP pin:

[pinpics]59038[/pinpics]

The back of the pin has everything listed on PinPics with the exception of the individual number...xxx/600.

Does anyone else have one to compare?

I have had this pin and traded it recently and absolutely remember showing the back as #128 of 600.
I remember this because we discussed what if you had #1 of 600 or 600 of 600. would it be worth more.
I believe it should have the number.

I have had many paris pins and a lot of the are numbered this way.

Can anyone show a picture of the back of this pin...with the numbers? I find it difficult to believe that this is a fake since it is pin on pin. I guess it could be a scrapper from the original lot and didn't get numbered. Any thoughts?

Hi Debby,

I traded for the entire set, #59034 on pinpics, right after the event. I have two sets of these, one for me, and one for trade. I just looked at all of them. Mickey, Stitch, and Donald, and all have a given number with /600 after it. But as listed on pinpics, each one of the pins associated with the set has a different number, so I wouldn't be surprised if they failed to number one pin, thus making it an error pin. By the way, DLP has a lot of pins with errors that are seen mostly on the back. Look here: http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?page=1&sid=6873.1308925041.v2

However, when I have seen Paris pins scrappered, they will put a number to go with it, and have many pins with the same number. However, your pin has no number at all, which is indicative of an error and not a scrapper. Errors are not all listed on pinpics. Take a look at what it says about the scrappers all numbered the same here:
Pin 67020: DLRP - Xmas Pin'Gerbread Event - Stitch

If the pin looks good and has no paint dips or paint overlapping, I would think it is a legit pin.

I have some of the Coundown to 15th Anniversary pins with Lumiere, same thing, xxx/900. Even if the factory makes duplicates of each number for quality purpose you would think they would all have numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back