• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hi, I'm new!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new!!

markheardjr

Help me DPF u're my only hope!
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello! My wife and I are Premiere Passport holders and we just started collecting pins when we took our first trip to WDW for a week. I am looking for some more resources. More specifically I am trying to create a database of pins, preferrably numbered like the pinpics database. Hopefully some people here can help me out by emailing me your excel files, word files, databases of your pin collections and I can start combining them. Ultimately I might look into creating an iPhone app for all of us, we'll see about that...

Hi!! :wavey:

Oh, in case anyone has any excel files with pin references and information, would you please email it to me? My email is my username with @yahoo.com on the end of it! Thanks!

Hi there and welcome to DPF! I don't have a spreadsheet, but an iPhone app sounds cool. How would it be different from pinpics?

Ideally I'd like to have a database, searchable would be nice, that you can quickly find pins while you're at the park. I would have a slider button in each pin that says "Own" or "Want" or whatever everyone thinks is cool. I think I would have the same numbering system, descriptions, rarity, year, collection number, similar pictures as pinpics, etc... It will just be on an iphone, ipad, or ipod touch. Once it's on an iphone it isn't horribly difficult to port to an Android either. Hopefully I could make an app that lists current pins owned, wanted, maybe a list of what other people are looking for, some kind of flag on the pin so I know.
I'm pretty new to trading and it would be nice to know how many are in a series, how rare it is, how long ago it was released, maybe a price, etc. I have some limited experience with iPhone app design. I take my macbook air to the D-Land Grand California hotel and sit in the grand lobby enjoying free wifi and work on apps. Well, usually I go get fastpasses for each park, then work on apps, then ride the fast passes. Maybe take in subway for dinner! It's a good routine! Forces me to be productive with my apps.

...I take my macbook air to the D-Land Grand California hotel and sit in the grand lobby enjoying free wifi and work on apps. Well, usually I go get fastpasses for each park, then work on apps, then ride the fast passes. Maybe take in subway for dinner! It's a good routine! Forces me to be productive with my apps.

That sounds like a GREAT way to work. And when you take a 'break' you can go use a fast pass or two. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back