• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hidden Mickey Sealed Pack from Ebay Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hidden Mickey Sealed Pack from Ebay Question

cmm80124

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am new to the forum and pretty new to pin collecting, even though I have visited Disney my whole life! My question is this...I recently bought 3 sealed packs of the Hidden Mickey donut pins from a seller on Ebay. They arrived fully sealed, and with (what looks like) the original Disney price tag on them. However, one of the Mickey donuts inside looks off (the enamel bled over the metal border from one part of the donut to another, making it look sloppy). The other pins look okay and not obviously fake, but I am not an expert at this point. I know that pins traded at Disney can easily be scrappers/counterfeits, but is there a market for fake, sealed pin sets? I much prefer to buy directly from Disney (even at a higher cost), but this is an older set I haven't seen at the parks currently. Thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think hidden mickeys came sealed and with a price tag. Aren't they first available on cast members' lanyards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AH, my mistake! I am at work, and getting ahead of myself. They are not hidden Mickeys, just the regular mystery donut pins (I am collecting both). So, has anyone ever seen the donut pins faked in a sealed pack? They are what momin.ator linked to, but my Mickey donut pin doesn't look right. Thanks!

Sounds like an authentic pin that shouldn't have made it past quality control. :(

I agree with this.

I've pretty much given up on being a perfectionist with my collections, as long as I know that they were authentic pins and don't look horrible. Just too many variables in quality control nowadays to worry about it anymore.

But, cmm80124, if you post photos of the front and back I'm sure someone with that pin will let you know for sure if it looks authentic.

Thanks all! I wanted to feel pretty confident that sealed packs on ebay were authentic, but this one pin in the lot made me wonder. I will post a photo to confirm when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back