• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HKDL - Disney Carousel - Mystery Tin Collection - 10 Pin Set - Stitch Only & Chip onl

Status
Not open for further replies.
HKDL - Disney Carousel - Mystery Tin Collection - 10 Pin Set - Stitch Only & Chip onl

pinnochiolover

UK Collector/Trader
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I received these two pins today in a trade, they look fine on the front and back, however they feel rather light. So much so, that it prompted me to weigh them, 10g (without mickey head stopper). I have some of the new HKDL puzzle pieces and tea cup pins (all of which are from tin collections, but of course are much newer pins), and they are definately heavier.

Can anyone that has pins from this collection put my mind at rest, do they feel rather light?

Many thanks
I took two photos, one with and one without flash. Pin numbers are 61082 and 61085.
DSCF1283.jpg
DSCF1282.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure, but I feel like Disney is making their pins thinner and rather light. I bought two pins straight from the DLR park (New Stitch and NBC Valentines) and they FELT like counterfeits, I was a little unnerved.

Anyway aside from my experience, I think Disney is getting cheaper.

I know what you mean Talesoftobv, there doesnt seem to be any consistency though with the pins, sometimes pins are thicker, sometimes heavier, it makes it so hard to tell what's a counterfeit! Disney certainly seem to be slipping on the quality control, some of the HKDL pin releases of late have black paint spots on them. I have attached an additional photo of the back of the two pins in question, whilst the backstamp agrees with Pinpics, there is of course also positioning of the backstamp to consider. Its not a great picture, but the backs of the pins are identical, although they may not appear to be in the picture, the pin on the right is more representative of what they actually look like.
DSCF1284.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back