• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GRAIL HOLY GRAIL OF DISNEY PINS?

GRAIL HOLY GRAIL OF DISNEY PINS?

Riverman

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to everyone. My name is Timothy Van Ketcham I have recovered a Disney pin that was made around 1928.

This is a pin of Mickey Mouse when he was of a different design. I asked the Fry Guy and he did not know of this pin, he did say it might be a promotional pin of the first Steamboat Willie.

And the administrator at Pin Pics did not know of this pin.

This pin is about 94 years old an a person can clearly see Mickey on it and the words "Mickey Mouse" are stamped into the metal on the pin. I am looking for a collector whom might know of this pin.

Thank you.

timtheriverman@gmail.com

There used to be a collector who only collected pins from the 60s and before, and maintained a website. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it, don't remember the URL, and may be lost to time. I don't know if there are any other oldie collectors who remember what the URL was, to look it up in the Internet Archive. Most "pin people" collect newer pins, although even pins from the 1980s are 40 years old. You might have better luck with a vintage Disneyana contact, rather than a specific pin person. Unfortunately, not as many of those people, these days either (time comes for all of us). But I might try contacting Disney Collectibles and Memorabilia for 44 Years | Walt Disney, Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Studio | Fantasies Come True to see if someone there can get you connected to someone.

Back