• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How Disney Dolls were handled today @ DisneyStore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Disney Dolls were handled today @ DisneyStore.com

scottster

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know i m new and i m not going to bore everyone with a long paragraph of nonsense jibber jabber.. so i'll get to the point..
since the last doll released about a month ago regarding to "snow white"... i m sure their website, facebook, customer service lines
were all flooded with complaints, about how most of us who didn't get any dolls and blaming the ones who purchase and sell.....
so after Disney heard everyones complaints, this was their solution... to wait about a month and release all 5 dolls at once.. wtf..
first of all, it didn't stop the "buy & sell" people... if anything it helped them...
Disney store, closing down the site for 45 minutes prior to re-opening and having the 5 dolls available, just created chaos...
thousands, perhaps hundred of thousands of people were trying to log on at one time, kind of like millions of people funneling into a
small corridor... of course it'll create crazy traffic, and jamming their sites was inevitable... so tell me how everyone feels? or
if you guys wish to vent...
i lived by the motto "too greedy, lose all" so i ended up with just 1 doll.. thats fine with me.. it as just insane today!
i think Disneystore.com just did a really poor job! as if a bunch of amateurs are running the company..

im just sayin, "this *** blows"!
dont' get me started with ebayers....

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums! It is great to have a new member.

I just don't think we want to start a thread on bashing Disney or ebayers. That is not what we are about here.

Last edited:
Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Hello Scottster, welcome to the forum!

I was unable to check out, and I never got the chance to because extras of dolls kept popping up in my cart, i'm positive it was because of my 'add to cart' spamming the button lol

I never got a chance to remove them from my cart.

Sincerely,
Robyn

Nice response Scotty. /not

welcome! I had so many problems, it was just a processing pop-up at checkout. I was too scared to hit refresh and after 10 minutes (during which time I had enough time to get away from the computer to use the bathroom), it timed out. I went home to see if I got a confirmation email (just in case it went through) but it hadn't. :(

I had them in my cart and them when it was time to complete my order, nothing would happen! then on their twitter they said the site was going to be up for another 10 minutes after 9:40am I believe. It was really hard but I got the dolls I wanted.

So, who has actually gotten the email saying the order has shipped? My friend, who was lucky to get one, still hasn't gotten it. I think Scottydem was the only one who posted he got an email re: shipment.

So, who has actually gotten the email saying the order has shipped? My friend, who was lucky to get one, still hasn't gotten it. I think Scottydem was the only one who posted he got an email re: shipment.

I saw a thread on Vinylnation on their doll thread where other members were reporting (before me) their shipment confirmations. I also remember reading here on DPf that someone got a shipment confirmation last night (maybe they confused it for a receipt?).

Well, after a lot of hectic moments, I finally managed to get Jasmine and Rapunzel into my cart. And Aurora appeared as I was changing my payment options. Got order confirmation, and a while later, the money was taken out my credit card. And finally received shipping confirmation this afternoon.

There was a lot of sweating on my end. If I couldn't have Ariel, I wanted at least some of them.

Order 2 is now shipped.

Also, check your order status. I checked and saw it shipped a little bit before I even got the e-mail.

You got two orders in! Wow!

Yup. 1 hour in the first 3 minutes and the right away added a couple more dolls before first major crash, and the other over an hour later (thankfully it saved the contents of my cart when I logged in). I was lucky though, don't get me wrong.

where do you check order status??

On your e-mail receipt (if you got one), go to order status/tracking at the top of the Disney Store home page. Then put your order #, e-mail, and name in the fields provided and it should tell you whether or not your order is active or not. If it's active and not shipped, you're fine. If it's closed but shipped, you're also fine. If it's closed and not shipped, then you're not getting what you ordered. =(

have you guys seen those release day tickets they handed out for those who purchased at the stores on monday...it is now on ebay. the cards were really pretty.

it was so sad when the CM at the DS tore mine up as soon as i handed them to her to purchase my dolls...she said we couldn't keep them and were instructed to rip them as soon as we were handed our dolls...they didn't want anyone to take them to another store to try to redeem more dolls...as if anyone would have been able to make it to another store knowing they were selling out like crazy...

I wanted to keep mine, but we had to turn them in when we paid. They were super pretty!

they were really pretty and good quality paper too, the pictures were really nice...my cards got ripped as soon as i handed them to the CM. she wouldn't even give me the other half with the pictures on them, she said per management they were not allowed guests to take them after we purchased our dolls...such a bummer :(

There was a news story about this Tuesday's Disney Store online snafus on the Bloomberg news site, Disney Doll Lovers Crash Store Website to Find Princess to Call Their Own (By Ronald Grover Tues Oct 18, 2011 9:01 PM PT). Excerpt:
Walt Disney Co. (DIS), owner of the ESPN sports channel and the world’s largest theme-park operator, apologized to customers after demand for limited editions of its princess dolls crashed the Disney Store website.

More than 1,200 Facebook users posted comments when the company acknowledged yesterday that the site was “extremely busy†and that it “won’t allow such high volume to check out simultaneously.â€

I first saw the story quoted yesterday in the Disney Princess Live Journal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back